Chapter Three

Hey my loves, I'm back again with another chapter. As it stands right now, it looks like there will only be about six or seven chapters in total before the epilogue. Hope you all enjoy this update.

Cal's POV

We finished off the pizzas and decided to watch a movie. He asked me what I wanted to watch and I decided on Aquaman. Jason Momoa is FINE as hell in that movie.

We had just started watching, when I saw him sitting a bit closer to me, but I honestly didn't mind it and when he pulled my into his side, I was more than happy to cuddle into him. I couldn't explain it if anyone asked me, but for some reason I felt really safe with Ricardo.

He had this strength that seemed to almost pulse off of him and it relaxed me to the point where I was practically a boneless heap leaning into him.

I was probably being stupid, trusting him to easily, but for now, I was just too tired to overthink all of this.

About halfway through, I felt my eyelids getting heavy and I cuddled more into Ricardo's body. He put his arm around me and I felt his lips against my hair as he kissed the top of my head.

"Come on baby, let me show you to a room so you can get some sleep." He told me softly.

I sleepily got to my feet and he put his arm around around me as I stumbled a bit.

We made our way up the stairs and he led me down a hallway, to a door at the end. When he opened it, I had to swallow the gasp as I took in the beautiful room. For just being a guest bedroom, it was stunning, like something you would find at a five star hotel.

He led me to the bed and helped me sit down, he pushed me to lie down and helped me with the sweatpants, before smiling and kissing me on my bright red forehead. "Goodnight sweetheart, I'll see you in the morning. If you need anything, my room is right across the hall." And with that he left the room, leaving the door slightly open.

I was so tired, but now that I was alone, I couldn't fall asleep at all. I haven't slept on my own for a long time and it felt strange having such a massive bed to myself.

I tossed and turned for what felt like hours, not able to get comfortable enough to fall asleep, no matter how exhausted I felt. So eventually I couldn't handle it anymore and I got up.

I didn't even think to put the sweatpants back on, before I stepped out in the hallway and made my way to the door across from mine.

I stood outside the door, wondering if this was such a good idea. But I was honestly too tired to give a damn at this point and eventually pushed the door open.

The light from the hallway revealed a massive bed and I could just make out the shape of Ricardo spread out in the middle of the bed.

"Ricardo?" I whispered uncertainly, hoping he wouldn't be upset about me waking him up. He did say I was supposed to wake him if I needed anything and right now I really needed help falling asleep.

At first there wasn't any response so I called him again, a bit louder this time. Eventually I saw him rub his face and sit up, sleepily looking at me.

"What's the matter sweetheart? Do you need anything?" He asked in his husky, sleepy voice. I swear that voice should be banned from existing with how hot it sounded.

I cleared my throat though and took a step closer to his bed. "Umm...I can't sleep. I'm so used to sleeping next to someone that it's hard for me to fall asleep." I told him as I felt my face heat up in a furious blush.

I hung my head in shame, I couldn't believe I was actually asking a stranger if I could sleep next to them like I was a damn child.

I was just about to turn around and just go back to the room when I heard his voice.