Chapter Eight

During one of Kimura's shows the next week, Aoki found herself creating her next playlist while Ito was busy playing solitaire on the production room's computer. The brunette didn't need to listen to the songs this time, they were all ones she knew like the back of her hand.

She laughed quietly as she looked at her completed list, knowing she was being a total smart ass by choosing songs that were extremely popular for each band she selected.

Ito looked over his shoulder at the sound of her laugh and rolled over to be beside his friend. "Whatcha got there?" He questioned as she quickly covered the paper with her arm.

"Nothing?" Aoki winced, knowing nothing good was about to come of this. She shouldn't have started working on this right now.

A smirk pulled up Ito's lips. "If it's nothing then why are you hiding it?"

"Reiji, drop it," she pleaded. "Please."

They both knew there was no chance in hell he was going to let this go. It was two of his favourite things: secrets and embarrassing Aoki. "No way," he chuckled. "Give it."

Aoki pulled the paper closer to her chest and Ito rolled his eyes. "Just let me see and get it over with. It can't be that bad."

With a sigh, Aoki looked up at her friend. "If I show you, you have to promise not to tell anyone."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Get to the good stuff." Ito rolled his eyes and he grabbed at a corner of the paper.

"Not whatever! Promise," she demanded.

"Fine," he exhaled. "I promise I won't tell anyone whatever embarrassing diary entry love letter you're writing right now. So hand it over."

Aoki lifted her arm and he slid the paper out from underneath, his annoyed smirk growing into a shit-eating grin as he realized what this was. "I should've known it was you."

"I'm kinda surprised you didn't know from the beginning," she admitted. "You interrupted me making the first one...although I didn't anticipate anyone seeing them at all."

"He loves them, you know that, right?"

Aoki tilted her head to the side. "What do you mean?"

"Yamada," he chuckled. "He literally told me last night that he loves your playlists."

She rolled her eyes. "Don't tease me, Reij."

"I'm not," he held his hands up in front of his chest. "He even played one of the songs for me before we started. Called it, and I quote, a banger."

A soft laugh fell from Aoki's lips. "Okay, that sounds like something he'd say."

"Because he did!" Ito defended, crossing his arms over his chest. "I know you think it's just you, Ai, but it's not. You guys have chemistry, I've seen it."

Her eyebrows furrowed. "He's like that with everyone, Reiji. It's not just me."

"I don't think that's true, pal. He's not like that with me," he shrugged.

Aoki rolled her eyes. "He was when he met Kimura last week."

Now it was Ito's turn to frown. "Really?" He questioned. "She doesn't seem like his type. She's so...fake."

"It's me who's not his type. We're just friends... And I can't really complain about that."

"You've got it backwards, Aika. He j-"

"Have you seen the tabloids, Reiji? He's always with beautiful women who look like Kimura." Aoki rubbed her forehead. "It's a crush. I'll get over it."