Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Lyndon Valderrama's Point of View

Nagpatuloy lang ang kamustahan namin habang naglalaro sa tubig. Sancho haven't given us any chance to ask anything about what happened to him for the past few years. He's the one who's been asking the four of us instead. Maybe there's something he's not yet ready to talk about and we all respect that.

"Claire, how are you?" seryosong tanong ni Sancho na nagpatigil kay Claire.

"Well honest speaking, less than two months ago, I tried to commit suicide." Claire answered with an awkward smile.

"You're joking, right?" natatawang tanong ni Sancho.

"No, she's not." seryoso kong sagot. Nilingon ako ni Sancho at hindi makapaniwalang tiningnan ako at si Claire.

"Are you out of your mind, Claire?! Why did you do that? Come on, tell me!" nag-aalalang tanong ni Sancho. Nilingon ko si Claire na halatang nahihiya pa rin sa nangyari noon.

"My father came back as if nothing happened. I can't stand being with him. I was so upset because my mother is acting as if she forgot everything my father did. I was so mad and all the pain I tried to forget came back and started attacking me once again."

Nakita ko ang pagbabago sa reaksiyon ni Sancho. He looks so worried about Claire. Who wouldn't be? It's been so tough for her to stay with his father.

"Claire, no matter what happens you need to promise me that you will never do that again. You can call me whenever you need someone to talk to. I can't promise that I'll be there physically but you can call me. Same goes with all of you."

Seryoso lang si Sancho habang sinasabi ang mga salitang 'yon pero makikita mo sa mga mata niya na nag-aalala siya para kay Claire.

"Come here, Claire."

Niyakap niya nang mahigpit si Claire at nginitian kaming tatlo. It feels good to see him back. I just hope he'll be around us for the next few months though he's busy since we're not from the same school.

"How about you, Marga? How are you? I've heard you've been joining pageants recently?"

The ambiance became lighter when he changed the topic and focused his attention on Marga. Marga smiled at Sancho. Marga is too shy to talk about this but it seems like she have no choice but answer Sancho's questions. He's our friend afterall. He deserves to know.

"Uh, yeah! I've been chosen as Waterford's representative for various pageants. Just recently, I got the title Miss Earth and Space. Not really a fan of pageants but I have no choice since I am the Lead Majorette and they expect me to join those kind of stuffs," nahihiyang sagot ni Marga.

Ayaw na ayaw ni Marga na pinag-uusapan ang tungkol sa pagsali niya sa mga pageants dahil sumasali lang naman siya dahil wala siyang choice. She have the guts and confidence but she never really wanted the attention she's gaining.

"Can you tell me something about Ethan?" tanong ni Sancho. Lahat kami ay nilingon si Marga at naghihintay ng sagot niya. Mukha na nga kaming nagmimeeting sa gitna ng pool dahil kanina pa kami rito sa mga puwesto namin.

"What do you want to know about him?" seryosong tanong pabalik ni Marga.

"Everything we need to know," si Adam na ang sumagot. Tumango lang kaming tatlo at naghintay na magsalita si Marga.

"First, just like what I told you earlier, he's not courting me. Second, he's kind and thoughtful. He's always concerned about me especially with my health. He always make sure I eat. Just like you guys, he protects me." nakangiting sagot ni Marga. Tahimik lang kaming apat nang sabihin niya 'yon. Sina Adam at Sancho naman ay nagkatinginan. Looks like they have a negative comment about this.