11

My surroundings were unfamiliar when I woke up. Where the hell was I? I looked around and saw a pretty minimalistic room. When I moved, I realized that there was a cat lying next to me. Another one was snuggled up by my feet. I blinked and it took me a moment to remember what had happened.

The attack on the USJ, Aizawa being at the hospital, me bringing the students back... After they had all gone home and I had collected the tests from the other classroom, I had dragged myself back to Aizawa's apartment to feed the cats and spend some time with them.

I was really exhausted from using my quirk so much during the day and I was basically falling asleep walking. And since Aizawa was at the hospital and I figured he wouldn't come home anytime soon, I decided to just sleep over at his couch. I mean, he definitely wasn't going to be back home that night. Dude had his face and both his arms broken, not even he would be able to recover that quickly.

Once I had realized where I was and how I had gotten here I sat up, trying to disturb the cats as little as possible. I checked my phone. It was super early, considering I was only five minutes from school. Looked like I could take it easy this morning. I stretched and yawned and then gave both Cho and Mana a few pets.

I then looked down on myself. Damn, I had actually fallen asleep in my manky, sweaty clothes from the day before. I was pretty sure there were a few blood stains on them as well, but thankfully with black clothes you couldn't really see them. I really should have taken a shower yesterday, because I felt disgusting right now.

I looked around myself. I didn't really have a change of clothes with me or anything really. All I had was my stuff for work and the clothes I had worn yesterday. Surely Aizawa wouldn't mind if I used his shower, would he?

Even if he did mind, he wouldn't ever find out about it. I got up from the couch and quickly smelled my clothes. Ugh. Yeah, there was no way I could wear this another day. It looked like I didn't really have much of a choice in the matter, though. Or maybe I could...? No, no, I couldn't.

I couldn't just go and see if Aizawa had a sweater or something I could wear. Staying over here was already kind of a stretch when it came to his hospitality, taking a shower without asking kinda was, as well. I couldn't go through his stuff. No way. I told myself that I definitely wouldn't do it.

I peeled myself out of the woollen blanket that I had found on Aizawa's couch and that I had wrapped myself up in. I quickly folded it up again and put it back to where it was on the couch originally. The cats were meowing and walking in-between my legs as I made my way to the bathroom.

Once I was there, I already saw a pile of fresh towels stacked neatly on a shelf. With a big grin I grabbed one and put it down on the floor for later. I turned on the shower and quickly got undressed. I held my hand under the water and was impressed that it had been heating up so quickly. I usually had to wait a good few minutes before it was anywhere near warm enough to have a shower.

I wasted no time getting under the shower. The hot water felt almost heavenly after the day I had yesterday. I couldn't believe how much I needed this shower. Maybe I could shower at Aizawa's place if I really got kicked out of my apartment and had to sleep rough. I was getting more and more jealous of how nice his place was. It was so close to the school, it had an extra room, he was allowed to have pets in there and the water in the shower got hot immediately. Fucking luxury.

I could have spent hours in the shower any given day, if I wasn't painfully aware that I had to go to work and make some money. And I had to feed the cats. I assumed Aizawa was feeding them in the morning, since they were being so talkative once I had gotten up. I wondered if I could get away with making myself a coffee or if that would be crossing a boundary.