18

"Now that lunch is over, it's finally time to reveal the last game! But before that, there is good news for all of you, who didn't make it to the finals! This is just a sports festival. So we've prepared recreational games that everyone can participate in, too. We've even brought real cheerleaders from America to liven things up!" Hizashi announced once we had all settled in again.

Something seemed to have caught Shouta's eye, because he leaned forward to be able to see better. His facial expression got a little gloomier than usual. Hizashi noticed and looked down as well.

"Huh?" he mumbled. I leaned forward to see what was going on.

"What are they doing?" Shouta said, not sounding very impressed. And then I spotted them - the girls from 1-A wearing cheerleader outfits. They seemed somewhat unsure of what they were actually doing down there.

"What the hell..." I muttered, scratching my head. Why were they in cheerleader uniforms? How did they get them? Whose idea was that? I mean, it was absolutely ridiculous. There was no way that was their own idea.

"What's the matter, class A? What kind of fan service is that?" Hizashi asked through his mic. I could see the girls practically dying of shame. Poor things. It was probably some of the boys from their class who tricked them into it.

"Oh, they're gonna regret this." Shouta mumbled.

"Any ideas who it was? I'm thinking Kaminari, Kirishima, Sero. Or Mineta. Or a combination of the four of them." I said. Shouta pointed down onto the field at two guys in their PE uniforms.

"Kaminari and Mineta." he replied.

"Ha! I knew it. Man, they're in for a bad time, huh?"

"I'll see how much detention and extra work I'll give them for that. Dumbasses." he said in a brooding tone and shook his head.

"All right, everyone! Let's have fun competing in the recreational games! When that's over, the sixteen from the four teams that made it to the final round will duke it out tournament style, one-on-one!" Hizashi explained, getting people's attention away from the poor girls who were doing their best not to look too fazed by being tricked at this stage. I almost felt a little sorry for Kaminari and Mineta, because Shouta was PISSED. But then again they deserved all the bad stuff that was coming at them.

"Now, let's draw lots to determine the bracket." Midnight announced and got the box with the names of the students. I moved forward until I sat at the edge of my chair.

"Man, this is gonna be good..." I said.

"Once the bracket is determined, we'll have the recreational games and then start. The sixteen finalists can choose whether or not they want to participate in the recreation. I'm sure some of you want to rest or save your strength. Now, from the first place team-"

"Um, excuse me!" one boy suddenly said and put up his hand. Midnight gave him a surprised look. I think I could make out that it was Ojiro from 1-A.

"I'm withdrawing. I barely remember anything from the cavalry battle until almost the end. I think it was that guy's Quirk. I know that this is a great chance and that it's foolish to waste it... But... Everyone here competed by giving their all. I can't be up there with everyone without knowing what really happened." Ojiro said.

"You're worrying too much about it! You should just make sure you produce results in the finals!" one of the girls in the cheerleader uniform said.

"If you're gonna say that, I didn't do anything either." Ashido agreed.

"That's not it... I'm talking about my pride here... I can't... Also why are you guys wearing cheerleader outfits?" Ojiro said. Someone else stepped up.