THREE

(Cherry Bomb's P.O.V.)

Chunk and I look around and say, "You're so lucky to have all this cool stuff in your attic Mikey, all we have in ours is Hannukuh decorations."

No, one pays any attention to what we said however Mouth does sling his arm around my shoulder saying, "So Cherry Bomb, what were you going to say before your cousin interrupted you?"

"Oh, nothing."

"You sure?" he asks me.

I nod and go look around at some of the pirate stuff when I hear someone call out in a high pitched voice, "Heya Cherry Bomb! Come here and make me feel like a woman, come over and give me a nice big wet lickery kiss!"

I look around for the source of the voice and find it someone's tongue sticking out of a painting, I pull the painting away and say, "Cut it out you're ruining the painting you perv!"

"Don't tell me you weren't the least bit aroused by that Cherry Bomb?"

"Shut up Mouth!" I say elbowing him hard in the ribs.

He makes a loud dramatic scream and I roll my eyes walking over to the others because I heard a crash where my cousin had been standing with a framed something.

"Chunk, what on earth did you do this time?!"

He pulls out a map and everyone crowds around Mikey to get a look at it Mouth comes up behind me in a red and gold pirate outfit with a hat, resting his arm on my shoulder. Brand starts saying how phony the story is and how their dad will do anything to get Mikey to sleep, Mouth laughs a little but quietly. A warm fuzzy sensation fills my chest and belly and I can feel my cheeks heat up a bit.

 Mikey starts telling us this story about some pirate guy named One-Eyed Willy and because stories always put me to sleep I fall asleep, my head resting on my best friend's arm that rested on my shoulder.

Suddenly Mouth yells in my ear, "Come on Cherry Bomb, wake up someone is at the door!"

"Oh, sorry...I..."

"It's okay it was...uh...you were sorta cute."

On the way down the steps we hold hands and rush outside and see Troy's father, I stand close to my best friend feeling better,

"Hello, I'm Troy's father," he said in an overly fake sweet voice just like his son.

"Now I know where Troy gets it from!" I whisper to Mouth.

Mouth and I snicker and Brand glares at us telling us to be quiet but in a silent sort of way.

"Is your father home?"

"No."

"Well, is your mommy here?"

"No, Sir, actually she's down at the market buying Pampers for all us kids."

Then Troy's father gives Brand some paper for his dad to sign. Before we all head back inside we all watch the two men walk away smiling happily, as they gloat about how they'd get to have our houses. 

As the two rich men walk away Mikey says, "What is all that stuff Brand?"

"Dad's business."

"Come on Brand!"

"I told you it's dad's business!"

My chest tightens and a few tears roll down my cheeks when Mouth says sadly,  "And trash the GoonDocks." 

I've never ever seen my best friend so sad before and it hurts to see him hurting, I give his hand a squeeze in comfort as all our friends go inside except Mikey who walked around to the back of his porch. I throw my arms around Mouth catching him off guard for a moment but then he hugs me and rubs my back. 

Finally, saying as we continue to hold each other, "Hey, I think you have something in your eye Cherry Bomb."

"I do? Can you get it out for me?"

"Never mind, that's just your sparkle and it really made me feel better. Thanks, Cherry Bomb," he whispers as we walk into the house holding hands.

When we all get back into the house we head into the kitchen the first thing Chunk does is head over to the refrigerator and pull out some whipped cream in a can.

"Boy am I depressed!" he says spraying some of it into his mouth.

"Gross!" I say walking past my cousin before grabbing it and putting it back where it belonged.

I then walk over to sit on the sink with Mouth and say while tearing up a bit, "I don't wanna leave."

Mouth rubs my back trying to comfort me and I lean into him a bit. I give him a weak smile and zone out for a bit until I hear Brand say, "You're not going anywhere or mom's gonna ground my ass and I've got a date with Andi on Friday night!"

"No, way! That means her mom's gotta drive and then you'll have to make it with her and her mom!" Mouth butts in.

"Shut up Mouth!" Brand snaps walking over and I jump down just in time because he turned the faucet on wetting Mouth's butt.

"AHH!" he screams grabbing some paper towels.

I laugh at him and he glares at me then Mikey pulls out the map and we gather around to look at it.