SIX

(Cherry Bomb's P.O.V.)

All of a sudden we turn when we hear a raspy female voice behind us, "And how long have you kids been standing out by the window?"

"Long enough to see that you need about 100 roach motels in this place." Mouth says.

I jump when I hear a man screaming and throwing stuff around causing me and the guys to all scream when I scream I grab Mouth's hand and grip it super tightly. He squeezes back clearly just as terrified as I am. Finally, when the lady and her son are finished talking she says, "What do you kids want?"

"Water!" we all say.

"Five waters is that all?"

"No! I want the Veal Scallopine, I want the Fettichini Alffredo...a bottle of Fettichini, a 1981," he says before kissing his fingers like a gourmet chef.

None of us could have expected our current situation to escalate the way it did when all of a sudden the woman squeezes his cheeks together making his tongue come out, pulling out a switchblade she threatens us with cutting his tongue out.

"The only thing we serve here is tongue! You kids like?" she then laughs and I turn the other way putting my arms around my cousin's neck waiting for the worst to happen and start to cry.

"Hey, it's okay Cherry Bomb, she didn't cut his tongue out." Chunk whispers to me.

Reluctantly I turn back around to see my best friend standing right behind me the woman yells at us to all sit-down, we do and Chunk being the clutz that he is. Falls out of his chair when he knocks it over. Rolling my eyes I get up from Mouth's lap to help up my clumsy cousin.

Once we are all situated again I begin to eye Chunk funny before I say, "Chunk, if you have something to get off your chest then just do it already!"

"Okay."

I sigh leaning into my best friend as we tune in for another one of my cousin's wild stories, "There's an ORV outside the same we saw today Cherry Bomb! With bullet holes the size of matzo balls!" he says way too loudly.

Mikey clamps a hand over Chunk's mouth telling him to keep his voice down. Almost as if she knew what was said she slams the waters down on the table, "Is this supposed water?" I ask raising an eyebrow at the bronze liquid.

"Well, it's wet ain't it? Drink it!" she shouts at us.

Before she leaves Mikey starts to wiggle around in his chair until the lady gives him directions to the bathroom, once he's gone to the bathroom I grab his chair and bring it next to my cousin and Mouth.

I scoot a little closer to Mouth and he puts an arm around me Chunk and Data stare at us for a bit until Data says, "I didn't know you guys were a thing!"

"We aren't a thing!" I snap.

"Well, then why did you tell Troy that back in the store then?" Chunk asks me.

"Yeah, why did you?" Data says. 

"Because...I...I...don't know I was just angry at Troy for hurting my friends all the time, and when I saw him slam Mouth to the ground I felt sick. So it just came out I didn't mean it!"

Slowly Mouth pulls away from me and then suddenly Brand has us all outside saying, "Wait here I have to go and get Mikey!" 

"You know way to go Kenz, you hurt him! He really likes you!" Chunk says a bit too loudly.

"Just shut up Chunk!" I say.

"Come on we know you like him!" Data adds. 

I glare at them and glance over at Mouth who for once isn't talking constantly, and I feel guilty for saying what I'd said. Because no matter what I protested and argued with the others I knew they were right, I'd liked him for a really long time and waited for him to feel the same way. I keep waiting for him to get over his thing for Steph and notice me back but it would never work between us anyways.

Everyone knows that best friends can't date because it complicates things.