IX

After a night of healing and trying to sleep through everyone's crying, Delaney got up early to escort a group to the Exodus ship. She held her own feelings back, praying her father wasn't actually on the ship. If he was, well, maybe they weren't meant to be a family anyway.

"You sure we're going the right way?" Raven complained, stomping behind Delaney.

The blonde shifted the uncomfortable wooden crutch under her arm to glare back at Raven. She couldn't believe the two used to be friends.

"I'm sorry, Raven, let me just get out my GPS." She sarcastically patted her pockets. "Right, we left them on the Ark."

"I didn't ask for-"

"Killer, come on." Bellamy shook his head as he came to her other side, walking next to her.

"Yes, I know where we're going. Yes, we're almost there. Any other questions?" Delaney paused a second. "Good, because I'm not a tour guide. Branwasa baga."

Delaney mumbled the last bit to herself, earning a raised eyebrow from Bellamy. She brushed it off and continued on, eventually leading the group through the scorched trees and into the now empty field of rubble, flames, and a destroyed Exodus ship.

"Alright, scavenge what you can. Look for survivors. If you see something liquidy, call Raven." Bellamy ordered, carefully going down the hill of gravel.

"Stay sharp. There will be retaliation for what happened on the bridge." Delaney followed him down.

"And you blame them?"

Delaney gave Finn a warning glance, silently telling him to drop it. Bellamy already turned toward the two, though, clearly sick of Finn's new hero complex.

"No, I blame you," Bellamy stated as everyone else filed into the crater.

"Maybe if we didn't bring guns-"

"If we didn't bring guns everyone would have been killed." Raven cut her boyfriend off as she bent down to search through wires and scrap metal.

"It doesn't matter anymore. It's happening. They're coming, and you need to be ready when they do."

Delaney hobbled down the hill and further into the wreckage. Bellamy followed her with his gun up, ready to shoot at anything that even remotely said 'grounder'.

Delaney stopped next to a large tube-like structure. Wires sparked inside of it, making her step back. She looked further into the mess to see Clarke walking up to what looked like part of an engine. She covered her nose with her sleeve, turning to look into the sea of sky people.

"Clarke, get away from there!" Raven yelled, running toward the blonde.

"Is that rocket fuel?" Delaney asked, getting closer.

"Yeah. Super unstable in the liquid form. If this even gets a little heat, we're toast."

She dipped a rock in it, throwing it into a nearby fire to demonstrate. It turned into a huge ball of flames, sending heat into Delaney's chilled body and earning 'ooh's and 'ah's from others.

"Alright, clear out, then. Let's get back before dark. If you found something, take it along."

They started trekking back, half of the crew carrying things. They mainly grabbed scrap metal and anything whole they could find, which wasn't a lot. Delaney wasn't sure why they didn't want to take more metal, honestly. They could reinforce the walls with it. Right now the wood was a bit easy to get past, especially if the grounders had access to fire.

As they neared the camp it was already dark. They could see the torches lighting up the guards and everyone inside.

"Damn, we really need higher walls," Bellamy complained as he walked beside Delaney.