Chapter 1 - P A I N

• Jai •
• 17 years old •
• Oxford, Mississippi •

I stare at the wall.

Hearing my phone vibrate beside me.

My back against my white headboard. I close my eyes and breathe, a few tears escaping my eyes.

I can't believe he would do that do me....

I shake my head and a loud cry escape my mouth. I cover my mouth with my hands. I scoot my legs closer to my body so that my knees are now touching my chest.

I lay my head in my knees and I let it all out.

knock knock

I quickly wipe my face off and sit up straight again, fanning my face.

"Come in"

My voice hoarse from all the crying I've been doing for the past hour.

My sister walks in with a look of pity on her face.

"Hey, ma told me to come check on you. How you feeling ?"

I looked at her as tears filled my eyes again. I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing came out. I throw up hands up in the air.

My sister, Madison, comes and sits on my bed and pull me closer to her.

"Let it out. It's going to be okay. I'm going to kick his bright yellow ass the next time I see him.", Madison said cooing .

I let out a light chuckle as my once loud cries went down to a couple of sniffs and hiccups.

Madison lifted my face up, her hands on my cheeks. Her thumbs wiping away my stray tears.

"Baby girl you are beautiful, strong, smart, and young. You will get through this. I love you, girl . Im going to always be there for you if you need to talk."

She kissed my forehead and gave me a little smile. I nodded my head and sighed loudly. Madison stood up and made her way out of my room.

She turned around once she reached the door and blew me a kiss. I caught it and sent her one back. We laugh a little before she left my room closing the door behind her.

I got out the bed and headed towards my lamp in my room. I turned it on and looked around.

Just messy.... like my love life.

I shook my head and headed towards the bathroom that is connected to my room. I looked in the mirror and saw how red my eyes were . Saw the snot glistening on my nostrils. Saw the dried tears on my face. Saw my thick curly hair in a messy bun. Then my mind suddenly drifted back to the event that caused me to be looking this way.

————————————————————————

• FlashBack •

3 Days ago....

I pick up the phone once again calling Will for the 100th time. I sigh in frustration and throw my phone on the floor.