Chapter 3 - T A L K ( Part 2 )

• Jai •
• 17 years old •
• Oxford, Mississippi •

"I want to be with you . I want to work things out with you."

We sit in silence for what felt like forever but really just a few seconds.

"I-I just need time."

He nodded his head and stood up signaling for me to stand. I slowly stood on my feet before walking over to him. I looked up at him.

He pecked my lips.

"I love you Jai. I want to fix us . I know I fucked up and I know I can't change the past. I want to change the future and do better."

He rubbed my arms up and down before looking me in my eyes as they filled up with tears.

"This not the first time you cheated me, Will. I stayed every other time because I thought you would change. and clearly you didn't." I said slightly stepping back.

"I'm going to go change . It's just that-."

"Just what Will ? You don't want to change. Can't nobody make you do anything but you ."

"I know that-."

"If you know then why can't you change?"

He went silent on me . Just shrugged his shoulders. I scoffed and turned around.

"Some type of "husband" you call yourself."

I turned back around and crossed my arms on my chest.

"You don't want me for real. You just want to have hoes and shit."

His eyes went big as he tried to diss what I just said.

"Don't lie nigga . We both know that . It's clear as day . You cheat then lie . Then make up dumb ass excuses. Like if you don't want to be with me don't waste my Time."

"I do want you, Love ." Calling me by his little nickname for me.

"Then why do you hurt me?"

He went silent again . Not knowing what to say once again.

"I don't deserve you...." He said finally after a few moments.

"Why do you always say that ? Huh ? You say you don't deserve me but you never change your ways so you can deserve me."

"I-."

I started my sentence before shutting my mouth.

"I just need time to see what do I want to do. I'm not bout to keep saying the same shit over and over again . Is there anything else that you need to get off your chest?" I said putting my weight on my left leg.

"Well, yes there is. Can I eat my pussy ?"

I started laughing for a seconds before returning back serious.

"No"

"But you said-."

"I know what the fuck I said. That dick sure as hell ain't mines so this pussy ain't yours."