Chapter 4 - C O N F R O N T

• Jai •
• 17 years old •
• Oxford, Mississippi •

On the way to the cafeteria I explained all what happened to Josh. When I finally finished we was at our usual table with our other friends. He just looked at me.

"Josh say something." I said sitting down waving and hugging my peoples.

"Where they at ?" Josh said setting his things down.

I jumped up and ran over to Josh.

"Josh I don't know and I don't give a damn . Sit yo hot head down."

"I ain't goi-."

"Josh."

He sucked his teeth and sat down beside our friend Ariel. I groaned as I saw her face scrunch up confusion.

Ariel, Denise, La'Shay, and Monyae all looked at me waiting for me to explain. I spent the next 10 minutes explaining the whole situation while Josh interrupted and added his two cents in a few parts.

————————————————————————

It was 8:20 and I was done with explaining everything. The bell rung signaling it was time to go to class. I stood up and grabbed my stuff while my friends looked at me.

"What?"

"Are you okay ?"

"Do you need a hug ?"

"We can beat them up."

"PERIOD."

I shook my head laughing a little .

"No. I'm good y'all . Thank you."

They looked at me suspiciously before nodding they head. I looked at the time and it was 8:21 . I waved bye and headed out the cafe from the side doors.

As soon as I walked out I saw Will and Brielle walking together and talking. I shook my head chuckling a little . I put my airpods in blasting some Key Glock as I made my way to first period.

————————————————————————
• Will •
• 18 years old •
• Oxford, Mississippi •

I know Jai saw me and Brielle walking and talking together but I had to get some shit straight with Brielle. Plus Brielle ass couldn't leave me alone, she was just following me running her mouth in my ear.

It was now 3rd period which means lunch time. I walked to the library as usual and of course Brielle followed me. I turned around when I made it to the library.

"Mane, bruh why are you following me?"

She looked at me and rolled her eyes.

"Ain't nobody following yo ass . I been coming to the library and don't act like you don't want to see me anyway."

I shook my head not saying anything. I walked over to the bean bag chairs and sat down. I pulled out my phone checking did Jai ever text me back. Brielle nosey ass leaned over and smirked.

"You and yo girlfriend must've broke up?"

"And if we did ? What that got to do with yo ass?"

She sucked her teeth and scooted away.

"Are you lien about being pregnant ?"

"No . Why would I lie ?"

"It don't make fucking sense Brielle. I fucked yo dumb ass with a condom so please tell me how you pregnant ." I said raising my voice a little.