Chapter Eight

Shoto's shoulders raised up and down as his eyes glared at Tenya who was panting as equally hard as him-- both were almost at their limits but neither of them let their guard down as the duo tried to find an opening to take each other down.

Shoto was the first to make his move, stepping forward-- arms raised forward and aimed at Tenya's right shoulder. The latter dodged, stepping to the left and missing Shoto's sword by a few inches but the prince predicted his move and swung his sword to the right as he slashed at Tenya. The sound of wood contacting wood echoed through the training hall as Tenya successfully blocked Shoto's sword with his own and both tried to push their way through-- gritting their teeth with the force they were giving.

However, Tenya may be taller, but Shoto was smarter and superior in sword fighting as he raised his sword upward in a sudden move-- catching Tenya in surprise and have him fall on all fours to the grass and when he made an attempt to stand up, he froze when he saw Shoto pointing his sword at him with a smug smile on the prince's face.

Tenya couldn't help but chuckle as Shoto lowered his weapon and helped his friend up. "You've been improving," he said, "I almost couldn't read your moves,"

"Same here," Shoto said with a smile.

"That's new," Momo said, taking their attention and saw her bringing in a tray of tea and some towels.

"What is?" Tenya asked, mumbling thanks as he took one of the towels and wiped the sweat off his face.

"Shoto smiling," Momo said.

"What do you mean? I always smile," Shoto said, taking a sip on his tea-- humming in pleasure.

"Not like that, your smile is different," Momo said, "It looks more of a smile rather than the cocky smirk I was used to seeing,"

Shoto snorted but didn't answer anymore.

"Now you're getting the hang of it!" Eiji's voice rang, catching their attention where they saw him teaching Izuku how to play soccer to which the greenhead enjoyed.

"It's hard to believe that you two are cousins and that Eiji is a prince too," Momo said, "Most days I look at him and I see a trouble maker,"

Shoto and Tenya chuckled. "He was born a trouble maker," Shoto said, "Unfortunately he was born a prince as well,"

"He was sent here to be trained to be the next heir to their kingdom... right?"

Shoto nodded. "He was supposed to be trained by my father along my side. However, as we grew, he became more of my second-hand-mate rather than another prince who'd rule their kingdom," he said but his eyes were on Izuku who looked like he was having fun.

Momo saw this and tried to find Tenya, only to see him talking to the other castle guards and looked as though he wouldn't hear their conversation. "And Izuku...?"

"What about him?"

Momo raised an eyebrow at Shoto trying to play dumb. "You don't fool me, your highness," she said, "I've seen that look before, our big brother also had the same look like that when he first saw his wife. You like Izuku... don't you?"

Shoto's face instantly heated up and took too big of a gulp in his tea, causing him to choke. "What... on earth are... y-you on... about, Momo?" he asked in between his coughs.

But Momo suddenly had a serious look on her face before lowering her tone so only Shoto could hear her. "Look, I've known what you are since the beginning even if you don't tell me... the reason why you reject the princesses that your father offers you to marry... I know you have a duty to Yuei and to our people but..." he reached for Shoto's face and smiled at him. "That smile... Izuku was the only one who could make you do it aside from your mother. I like it... how he's starting to change you back to your old self,"