Chapter Seventeen

Shoto's eyes widened with dread as the guards dragged them down the ship and made them walk towards the castle of Yuei.

Never in his life did he picture their lively kingdom in ruins as pirates ran amock, stealing and destroying everything in their path. Women being dragged out of their houses, children crying for their mothers. The stronghold of the Yuei borders have been broken and it was all his fault for letting a spy in.

"Don't be too sad, my prince," Kosuke said, seeing Shoto's expression. "The best part awaits you at the walls of your own home,"

They walked to what seemed like forever and stumbled along the forest that was heading to the castle. Katsuki had woken up a few minutes before and had started lashing and screaming at the opponents to let him go, not even shutting up even after they have put on a cloth over his mouth.

"Aren't we going to do something about him? He's starting to piss me off," one of the guards said and Kosuke looked at Katsuki before looking at the ledge nearby that had waves crashing down at the bottom.

"Throw him over the cliff, we only need the royal blood anyway," Kosuke said and Eiji's eyes widened.

"N-no! Stop!" Eiji yelled and tried to fight the guards but they had pinned him down.

A brown blur ran past Shoto and he saw Ochako tackle one of the guards that were holding Katsuki.

"No! Ochako!" Tenya had tried to stand up but was hit with the butt of the sword and he landed, face-first on the ground.

"You would've been a great slave if you were just obedient," Kosuke said, "Throw the girl in too,"

Their eyes widened as the guards carried the thrashing siblings closer to the cliff.

"NO!" Eiji screamed as they were both tossed from the cliff and left to drown on the ocean. "YOU BASTARDS! I'LL KILL YOU! I'LL KILL ALL OF YOU!"

Angry tears streamed down Eiji's face to which Kosuke just shrugged off. "Let's keep moving," he said.

The walk was long but all Shoto could think of were the images of what was left of Yuei the moment he had arrived and the regret he felt as he blamed himself over and over again. He shouldn't have left, he should've listened to his father instead. Maybe then, none of this would've happened.

He was dragged to the throne room and saw that a stranger sat on his father's throne-- silver hair tied into a messy bun, red blazing eyes, and chapped lips. He sat on his father's throne with confidence and ease as if he had claimed it along with Yuei-- the man who went by the name Shigaraki.

"Ah, the main guest has finally arrived," he said with a sly smirk as the guards forced Shoto to kneel down as he glared at the stranger.

"How dare you sit on my father's throne," Shoto growled as he tried to shake off his offenders but to no avail.

"Such attitude despite your hopeless situation," Shigaraki chuckled. "No wonder our little green-haired pet fell in love with you,"

At the mention of Izuku, Shoto's blood boiled. "He's nothing to me but a traitor," he hissed.

"Don't say such words that would hurt your beloved, my prince," Shigaraki said and nodded at one of his subordinates who turned and returned shortly, dragging in Izuku.

His eyes cast down on the floor as he walked silently and passed by Shoto-- ignoring the death glares he was receiving from every captor-- until he stopped next to the throne with his hands clasped behind him, hiding how tight his fists were clenched.

"How dare you..." It was Eiji who spoke. "After we took you in... you had the nerves to do this to us?! I thought you were our friend!"

Shoto was lost for words at the moment he saw the green head as he couldn't believe what his eyes were seeing. Hearing Izuku betray him and seeing him do it with his own eyes were two different stories and he couldn't but feel betrayed and angry at the greenhead and at himself, for still hoping that this was all a lie-- that Izuku did not betray them, that he loved Shoto as he showed him.