Winter 2016

Well, I've been 'fraid of changin'
'Cause I've built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Even children get older
And I'm gettin' older, too
I'm gettin' older, too

Harry was in shock. Liam had just called him to tell him that Louis's mum died. Harry had isolated himself so completely that he didn't even know that she had been sick. Jay was gone? He couldn't believe it. He loved Jay and he cried his heart out when he got the news.

He had asked Liam how Louis handled it and Liam had gone quiet. He finally said "not good" and Harry knew what that meant. He booked the first flight back to England.

He didn't know how he would react when he saw Louis again but he knew that he had to be there for him. He took a cab to Louis's house as soon as he had touched ground after he called Louis sister Lottie and found out that Louis wasn't in Doncaster with his family. Lottie was really worried about him.

There was loud music coming out from Louis's house and Harry wrinkled his eyebrows as he rang the doorbell and tried to prepare himself to see Louis again. The door swung open and Louis was standing in the doorway. Louis's smile faltered and he looked really pale. His blues eyes stared at him in shock.
"Harry." he breathed out.

Harry could see that he was high as a kite and his heart broke again.
"Hi, Lou."

"You shouldn't be here." Louis slurred.

"I heard about your mum. I'm so sorry Lou." Harry answered with teary eyes.

"No. Can't...no!" Louis answered with a trembling voice and tried to close the door but Harry wouldn't let him.

He pushed himself inside and walked into the living room where six other people were sitting, and from the look of it, they were equally high. Harry walked over to the stereo and killed the music.
"Get out."

"What the hell Harry? Who gives you the right to kick my friends out?" Louis growled behind him.

Harry turned around to face him.
"If you ever loved me you tell these people to go. Right now."

Louis sighed.
"Guys, get out."

Harry had stayed until the funeral, trying his best to support Louis and his family. Louis was high all the time, running away from his grief the best way he knew how. After the funeral, Louis's family and former bandmates had an intervention. Louis refused to listen. Harry's words were what finally broke him and he agreed to go into rehab.

Meeting Louis again had been hard. He didn't know how he should behave around him now when he couldn't kiss him or hold his hand. Who was he when he wasn't Louis's boyfriend?

Harry went back to L.A. again completely destroyed.