Chapter 2- Plz Mom Don't Freak out

(Trigger warning- kind of)That day when I got home my mom wasn't there. So of course I got out all the knives in the kitchen and started you know... um cutting? Not because I was depressed. I was completely fine. Sure I was a little... lost before that, but now that I had a quirk. I was ecstatic! Plus it was only for experimental reasons. 

So I sat on the floor with knives surrounding me like I was a psychopath. I also had a mirror off to the right in order to see my freckles. 

Trial after trial and my skin still looked untouched. 

"I figured out that the bigger the wound the more my freckles glowed. But it always healed under 10 seconds. The fastest was the prick to my finger. It took less than a second to heal." I was mumbling up a storm as my mother walked in to her son sitting crisscross applesauce, in the center of a bunch of knives, and a copious amount of blood on and around his body.

"Holy... Izu" my mother yelled. She stopped in her tracks when she noticed the huge smile I had on my face. "Sweety what is going on?"

"Mom," I got up on my feet, ready to hug my mom until I realized I was drenched in blood. I remember awkwardly trying to wipe my bloody hands on my school uniform... and failing miserably. I soon gave up on that and shouted, " I HAVE A QUIRK! I've been experimenting on myself. Hey I have a question. Do you have any bruises? Or small cuts! I want to try and heal them!" 

My mom laughed at my antics and said, " Ok you have a quirk. Izu that's great! But why do you need to know if I'm hurt? You haven't really explained what quirk you have."

"Oh," I looked down and blushed with embarrassment at my fanboy antics. "Yeah so I have a healing quirk. I figure its something to do with dad's regeneration and your telepathy. I mean he breathed fire right? His throat probably healed itself from the burns. And your quirk helps you move small things closer to you. I think my quirk is on the molecular level and I can regenerate cells in the body. See I've been experimenting and I figure I might even be able to heal other people with my quirk too!" 

My mom just giggled at the display of my fanboy antics once again and stated, "Ok honey, I do have a paper cut on my knuckle." She held her hand out for her son to examine. After I took off the bandaid and I realized It was already scabbed over. If I really could heal other people this would be easy 

I tried to feel the same pulling sensation that I got used to over the past couple hours of experimentation and send it to my mother, all while not touching her. On my skin, I didn't have to touch the wound, I only had to think of my skin pulling together and it healed itself. So after a minute of failing to heal her without touching her, I determined either I couldn't heal other people or I had to touch them. 

So I did just that. I walked up to my mother and skimmed my hand along her wound and imagine mending her skin together. And boom bang bop my freckles were glowing again and her paper cut was healed! 

I started to walk off with my notebook writing every discovery about myself on the paper. 

"Honey do you want dinner?" 

"Mom, fucking stop" I said a bit ferociously. I genially surprised her and me. "I'm so sorry mom I have no clue what that was. Maybe a side effect of my quirk..." I started rambling and writing my thoughts in my notebook. 

My mom touched my shoulder and I looked up to see her smiling with understanding. "Dinner will be done in 20 minutes. Come down when you stop obsessing with that quirk of yours. You know we also have to register your quirk." My eyes glowed with appreciation for my mother and the guilt of yelling at her, as I nodded and went upstairs to think of a name. 

Well you guys already know it will be called Cure. But I was going back and forth between Growth, Mend, and Katsudon. Katsudon was because I was hungry... I almost named my quirk after my favorite meal. Yes sometimes the #1 hero can be a bit of a dense idiot. 

I then proceeded to scamper upstairs and turned on my computer to see the news and to jot down more hero notes. All Might was actually spotted near my school stopping a sludge monster thing. He caught the monster the first time with only one punch! (A/N so Bakugo was never captured and no one knows about One for all).

The next day I registered my quirk as Cure and I started being more serious about my work out schedule 

One day I was running around and I passed the beach. I then realized that would be the perfect spot to work out! The beach would be clear and I could train different muscle groups depending on what I'm carrying. 

Everyday I set out on a grueling schedule to build up stamina and my muscles. My quirk actually really came in handy, and most days I volunteered at my local hospital. I learned triceps, biceps,  fibulas, and all the fancy doctors garb while I was there. I studied every night to understand all the terms and anatomy of a human without a mutation. And finally after 3 months I finally understood all the words and terms and could easily operate on a human as the head doctor. 

Of course my internship with the hospital helped me practice my quirk and save people even without having to go thought the provisional hero license exam. Instead they just gave it to me because everyone thought my quirk was only useful off the battle grounds, and instead only used in a doctor office. 

Yet something kept bugging me, If I could rebuild tissue and muscle could I build that tissue in different shapes? 

So the last 3 months until the Entrance Exam for U.A. I tried building muscles in less conventional ways, all while keeping up my harsh schedule. 

I first tried to grow extra muscles like the villain Muscular. I quickly found that it was very simple to just enhance my speed or muscles by building muscles on top of my... well my muscles. 

Soon I realized that If I wanted I could change my appearance. Not the color of my hair... yet, but I could make my chin more defined less defined. I could be taller or shorter. 

I could be a shape shifter, but it was extremely painful to change my appearance. I decided to keep with my current look but I bet if I seriously wanted to, I could be someone completely different.

 This newly discovered power lead me to attempt to shape shift into mutant type quirks. So I tried to give myself longer fingers like one of Kacchan's lackeys. And it surprisingly worked first time. Although it took about 50 minutes to do. And immediately after I broke all of my fingers because of it's length and weight. 

I of course healed them to my normal size, but I picked up the broken fingers and realized I could still manipulate the cells in them. And then my bone swords were made. 

Sounds stupid, but I took off all the skin and muscle on the long and detached fingers, and then proceeded to build the bone into a sword like shape. And then my mother walked into my room again. 

Why do mothers always walk into rooms at exactly the wrong time. Like come on mom maybe wait when I'm doing homework. But anyways as you probably guessed she screamed and I quickly explained the appearance of a sword in her house. 

I guess that's it for this chapter! Hope you still dont hate the book I sweat he will take the Entrance exams Next chapter. Ill try to post every day but I also make no promises ;P 

(1386 words)