2

Minji

     It has been another 4 years. I've been watching over my little baby grow up. It was very odd when Jisung decided to name her HyeJoo. We agreed on Yeonwoo but I guess he didn't like the name. I watched her walk, talk, run, jump, and never left her side. I wanted to be there for her but she I guess she never noticed me.

     I watched Jisung go from work to pick her up, every season. One day in winter, he came back to walk over with HyeJoo, except something was different. He came with another girl. Her name was Lee Chaeryeong. She attended the same medical school as Jisung. I heard that she quit her job and became a stay at home mom instead. I wish she kept her hands off my child.

Everytime I saw HyeJoo wake up, something was just so off. It was like she was staring straight at me.

One day, I woke up from sleeping on her bedroom floor. I spotted someone but, it wasn't a human. "Aish. LEE-YOUNG, GET OUT OF MY DAUGHTERS TENT." I yelled at another ghost. "But this is my home! I have no where else to go!" "Oh yeah? WELL THIS IS MY DAUGHTERS HOME! LEAVE!"

"oh well, fine. have it your way. But the thing is, HyeJoo can see us. So she'll let me stay here." I slapped him. "Stop talking nonsense! Get out!" He left but I kept thinking about what he said. HyeJoo cannot see me!"

"HyeJoo my little baby! How are you?" She climbed out of bed and walked up to me. Wait a minute, can she really see me? She walks around my body. I am terrified. She really can see me. I stare at her, astonished, at what she had done. My little baby, knowing I exist. Even if I'm not really next to her.

It was around Christmas time and I was watching the festival. I saw mothers with their daughters, having a great time at the festival. I saw couples sharing their food and buying food for each other. The thought that this could've been me makes me heart broken. I started to cry and fall on the ground. I could've watched my baby grow up. "Deity! Please listen to me! I want to hold my dear baby!" Hail starts to fall and thunder comes from the sky. I was just there crying on the ground. It's not like anyone could see me anyways. I'm just a ghost.

Just a ghost.

As I wiped my tears I felt so cold. What is this feeling? I looked over on my clothing and see water droplets. Huh?  I feel the hail on my head. Am I human? I stand back up and I see Jisung and Chaeryeong, lifting up my baby. I stand there and just she'd my tears. I watched them have fun. As they pass by me, Jisung widens his eyes ;; staring straight into my soul. I watch him look at me.

"M-Minji?"