3

Minji

"Minji!" He looked back at me, eyes widened in fear. I run away hoping that he would think he's just seeing things. I look back and he lets go of HyeJoo's hand.

Jisung

I let go of HyeJoo's hand, staring at Chaeryeong. "Uh, let's meet back at the apartment." I run after Minji, pushing all of the people in my way. "Minji! Don't go away! Stop running!" I yell, hoping she could hear me.

Minji

I look back and stop. Tears were forming in my eyes and Jisung walks closer to me. He caresses my face, tears also forming in his eyes. He falls to the ground. "M-Minji? Is that really you?" I nod in embarrassment, teardrops falling to the cement floor. I take his hand and try to drag him up. He gets back up and wipes his tears. "Uh,, let's go to the coffee shop. I think we need to talk."

At the coffee shop, I ordered myself a iced americano. Jisung paid, I don't have money after all. We sit down with our drinks. "So tell me, are you the real Minji?" I nod while biting my straw.  Jisung stares at me. "H-how did you even end up here?"

I pondered how I was going to tell him.

'Well, I saw you with another girl and she was holding my daughters hand. I yelled at the deity and I guess they just let me live after saying they were stupid and unfair.'

"Hm, I don't remember anything actually.." Jisung stares at me. "Oh...do you have a place to stay?" He bites his nails looking worried. "Uh, I don't unfortunately. But I can just stay on the streets!" He widens his eyes. "I'll get you a hotel. Don't worry."

We walked about 10 minutes to the hotel, silent. He paid and walked me to my hotel room. Jisung pulls out something from his wallet. "Here, take my card. You can buy anything you'd like with it." I nod and walk to the hotel door. I look back. "Goodnight, Jisung." I walk in and lock the door.

Jisung

As I walk back home, I pass by Lia's restaurant. I stop and walk in as she's wiping down the tables. "I need a glass of Soju, I need to tell you something important." Lia rolls her eyes at me and gives a glass filled to the rim. "Alright, what 'important news' do you have now?" She chuckles while wiping down the counter.
"It's about Minji. She's alive." Lia widens her eyes. "Stop lying, get to the real news. You bastard." I stare at her worried. "I'm serious!" A buzz comes from my phone

*notification*
- thank you for ordering Hoddeok from mama's bakery!
- thank you for ordering Japchae from Yuri's diner!
- thank you for ordering Bibimbap from Yuri's diner!
- thank you for ordering Kimchi from Seoul food!

I show her the notifications. "Someone could be hacking your bank account." She shrugs. I show her my wallet, as my most used card wasn't there. "Oh, don't mind if I do!" She halfway pulls one of my credit cards out. I slap her hand. "Lia! Do you believe me or not?" She shakes her head. "Not until I really see her. You're probably just drunk." "Ugh, fine."

I walk back into my apartment. I see Chaeryeong scrolling through her phone while sitting on the couch. "Sorry I was late to coming home." She nods. "It's fine, just, what were you even doing?" I gulp. "I just saw an...an old friend! Yeah!" She stares at me like I'm a psycho. "Okay. I tucked HyeJoo into bed already." She walks into the room and turns off the light as she falls asleep.

Minji

"Oh. My. God. I haven't tasted food like this in forever!" I chew every last bit of every dish. I lick my lips and smile as I watch TV. I get a call from the hotel phone. "Miss, are you doing alright?" "Of course, I am!" I hang up and go back to watching TV. 2 hours later I receive another call! "Miss, are you alright? Do you need anything?" "I'm fine, thanks for asking though." I go to the bed and lay down. I close my eyes and think about what would happen on the next day.