•11•

I look at the nurse confused and I wipe my eyes, so I can actually see clearly. They both start talking, but I don't understand anything that they are saying.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"What did you see?" Morgan's dad yells from the back of the room.

"She is responding," the doctor says.

"What do you mean?" I ask. I look down at her and she still looks the same. She hasn't moved or anything.

"We have a response from her. She's not brain dead. She is alive, but we need to get her back to surgery now."

The tears start to fall down my face again and I literally can't believe what he just said. She isn't dead. She is alive and fighting. She is okay for now.

I grab her hand and I give her a few small kisses on her knuckles, "I love you, ma. Be strong."

The doctors wheel her out of the room and then everyone walks in. Maggie and Edwin run over to me and they wrap me in a huge hug.

"What's going on?" Austin asks. I let go of Edwin and Maggie and I look at everyone. Her parents aren't in here anymore. They are probably waiting outside.

"She's responding," I say. "Right when they were about to unplug her they saw something."

"She's alive?" Zion asks.

I smile, "S-she's alive."

[5 hours later]

The doctor walks through the double doors and before he can even come over to us I walk over to him. "Is she okay?"

He smiles, "The surgery was a success. We removed the whole tumor in her brain."

I start crying again, "Thank you. Thank you!"

He smiles again, "We also found out some more amazing news."

"Which is?" I ask.

"The chemotherapy has been doing its job very well. The reason she threw up blood was because of the tumor in her brain. Since we were able to remove the tumor she no longer has anything."

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"She's cancer free, son."

"Seriously?" I ask.

"Yes," he says. "She's okay. She isn't going to need any more treatments. It's all gone. I've never seen chemo work this fast before. I think you can say that she really is a miracle."

I wipe the tears off my face and I have the biggest smile on my face. I don't even know what to say. I'm so fucking excited and I'm so happy that she's going to be okay.

"Thank you so much for everything."

"No need to thank me," he says. "She's back in her room. You can go back there now."

"Is she awake?" I ask.

"She is."

I smile and I start to walk through the double doors. I'm so excited to see her. This is so crazy to me.

We thought she was dead. Everyone thought she was DEAD. Now she's not. She is okay. She is fine and she doesn't have cancer anymore. She really is the biggest miracle ever.