Chapter 4

Chapter 4 – The tragedy

Suddenly, they both heard a noise and turned around. “What was that?” Amy wondered.

“I don´t know. Maybe just the wind” Ty answered a little unsure.

Ty started coughing and Amy realized why. “It´s smoke!” She shouted. “From where is it come…” “Oh no!”

Ty stood up and tried to step over the candle that was burning. It was not useful, this candle burned some leaves that were near and the fire continued burning other four or five candles that were beside. The wind started blowing the smoke to the south.

Amy began to panic. Ty, tried to stop the flames but it was worthless. The fire was taking over the shore of the river faster than they expected. The burned grass was becoming dark as the color of the smoke that was turning black and making the grey invisible.

Both of them were now shocked, they couldn´t speak or shout. Ty´s mouth was covered by smoke, so much that he couldn´t breathe too much.

“Get out of there” Amy screamed. She pushed Ty´s arm and took him out of the smoke that was covering him. “It´s worthless, we can´t make it stop now”

“We have to ask for help!” Ty said and started coughing badly. Amy was so shocked and scared that started crying. She took Ty by his back and started running as fast as possible. Ty´s face was turning violet as he could barely breathe. His coughing and Amy´s crying mixed with the smoke. She ran faster, but her legs hurt. She felt dizzy and almost couldn´t breathe, she knew she had to get home now, anything else mattered. Ty couldn´t move but just cough and cough.

“Ty, please! We can do it!” she screamed. She felt her voice echoing in the mountains. “We will survive” she thought.