chapter 5

Chapter 5

“His life depends on me” “My life depends on me” “Our future depends on me” Amy though. She was carrying Ty in her arms, she almost couldn´t lift his back. He was unconscious and his breath was short.

Amy´s throat was dry and she was sweating a lot. Ty´s shirt was all wet, but she didn´t matter, it wasn´t disgusting. His hair was wet too, but his face was terribly cold.

Ty was in his worse conditions. Amy couldn´t say a word, she cried and coughed, she only wanted to save him. She ran faster but accidentally fell to the grass when an old branch of a tree made her loose balance of her body and Ty´s too. Her knees had touched some ashes that had been blown by the wind. She screamed even louder than she did before. Everything seemed unreachable but Amy repeated to herself that she couldn´t give up. She grabbed Ty´s waist and took them to some bushes near. They would be safe there for a while, at least they would be protected of the smoke. She needed to think how to escape from the fire without running, her legs and arms hurt, her left leg hurt more. “Maybe I have a broken leg” she thought.

Suddenly, she felt like she had low pressure and she fell to the floor. She couldn´t open her eyes.

Back in the ranch:

“Mallory stay here with Lou” Jack said in a nervous voice. “Tim´s coming to help me”

“He’s right there” Lou said almost in tears.

“Come on Jack” Tim shouted.

“Stay in the house” “If we don´t return in an hour, tell Caleb to go and give us a hand” Jack said to Lou.

“He´s coming with Ashley, they saw smoke from the trailer, the fire is growing too fast” Lou replied.

“I just called the police, the firefighters, for an ambulance, they are getting here” Mallory informed. “I´m in panic” she said as she hugged Jack.

“We´ll find them” “They must be just fine” “I´m sure Ty has already got a plan to return safe” Jack said to make Mallory feel better. But in fact he thought he couldn´t be so sure about it. He wished so.

Jack and Tim grabbed some horses and ran near the fire to look for them. Minutes later, more than a dozen firefighters started surrounding the fire. It was a too dangerous and the fire started growing too big. After ten minutes, other fifteen fire fighters joined them with their trucks. Finally, they decided to take Jack and Tim to the house and keep on looking by their selves. There was a lot of equipment necessary to be in the mission.