chapters 28- 32

Chapter 28 - Here we go again

Amy was dismounting Spartan in the barn. Softly, she gave him a massage in his forehead, sort of a t-touch. Meanwhile, the other horses including the wildest one, Stinky were resting in their stalls waiting anxiously to be fed and watered. Stinky nudged at the cowgirl in order to get her attention at least for a minute.

She giggled and stepped backwards to take Spartan to his stall and also to get him rest for some time. As soon as she finished, she started feeding one by one the horses in the barn, as she did almost all days. When she finished, Amy slowly walked to Stinky’s stall. She opened the door and tightened a rope around his dark neck. “Come on” She ordered him to follow her steps. While she headed out of the barn, - trying to get the new horse out – her green eyes met Harley´s, who was saddled up, standing still, waiting for someone to ride him.

“Where´s your owner buddy” Amy scratched his forehead. “He left you here, huh?” She smiled at his angelical face. Harley looked thoughtfully at her with his big brown eyes.

She climbed up to his saddle, and went for a ride with both horses, such as she had done with Wonder and Spartan some days before. They trotted at first, but then Amy realized it wasn´t such a good idea since Stinky started running faster than them. This horse couldn´t control his adrenaline, he made flawless moves which shocked every human being who glanced at him.

In less than two seconds, he stood up over his back legs and held his front legs upright in the air.

“Easy, easy!” Amy almost shouted. Pulling the rope, Amy pulled him back to the ground. “Wow” She exclaimed with her eyes opened as plates.

“So, where are you going now?” Ty questioned. He didn´t wanted to be rude with Lucy, but the words almost escaped from his mouth. They had been chatting for a while now, they were returning to the dude ranch, to leave Lucy in her cabin.

“Well, I don´t know” She didn´t know while to reveal her secret or not. Lucy stood up in front of Ty, looking into his eyes. After talking with him, she seemed more confident than she did before. Lucy felt as if they had developed a bridge between each other; at least she had someone to trust. It was difficult for her to trust people, she just did with very few. Too many situations and circumstances had led her not to trust in every person she met.

“I have to go” She said out of the blew.

“Ok” Ty said confused. “See ya, then”

“Yeah, that would be great” “When?”

“Whenever you want” “If you need someone to talk, just look for me” He smiled.

“Ok” “Thank you Ty” She added with a smile.