Seven

Jasmine found herself sitting under a sun bleached umbrella. A waffle cone with three ridiculously large scoops of ice cream clenched in one hand. A spoon in her other.

      Zeke sat next to her on the bench, his thigh pressed against hers. There was only one table outside of the parlor, and no seating inside, so the table was heavy with fellow sugar fiends. Jasmine was grateful that he didn't take her somewhere secluded, but at the same time she wished there weren't so many patrons.

      Jasmine had a classic chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, and was using her spoon to pick at the scoops top down. She looked at Zeke's cone. He had pistachio, rocky road, and some caramel swirly flavor. He attacked the cone by licking down at the base, and mixing the flavors as he traveled upward.

     She couldn't help but shake her head at his flavor choice, or technique. "You are like a child," she scolded. "You know that, right?"

     "No," Zeke said defiantly. "You just don't know how to eat ice cream."

     Jasmine's cheeks darkened with the choir of m-hums. She turned a raised brow to everyone else before giving her attention to Zeke again. He had melted cream dripping down the side of his mouth, but didn't seem to notice it.

     Jasmine used the pad of her thumb to wipe the drip from his mouth. She moved to wipe her finger off on a napkin, but Zeke was too quick for her.

     "Woah, don't waste it," he cried. He snatched her hand and licked her extended thumb.

     Zeke didn't know what compelled him to do it, but he was thrilled that he had the courage. They shared a heavy look that lasted long enough for others near by to clear their throats. He watched as Jasmine's cheeks colored again, and she cast her eyes downward.

     Still holding her free hand, he stood up, tugging her off the bench with him.

     Jasmine went willingly. She could feel the electricity pop and sizzle between them, and it seemed the more time they spent together, the more she wanted to be near him, the more she wanted to allow herself to get swept away in the moment.

     After tossing the rest of their cones, they went to Zeke's truck again. He held the door open for Jasmine. It was such a simple gesture, but it made her giddy. She watched him cross the front of the truck and get in on his side. She shifted in her seat so she didn't have to turn her head to face him.

      When she adjusted in her seat, she leaned an elbow on the center console, inadvertently bringing herself closer to him. Before turning the truck on, he reached across and brought her closer still until he was able to reach her lips with his.

      She didn't fight him when he pulled her close. She didn't struggle when his lips met hers. She opened her lips and before he could deepen their kiss, she swept her tongue into his mouth tasting the lingering flavors of each of his ice cream flavors. She would have never imagined eating that combination of flavors, but on Zeke's mouth, she ached for another taste. Jasmine reached up and grabbed the back of his head. She leaned further into him, needing to be closer.

      Zeke felt her need just as if it was his own. They were pawing at each other like a couple of teenagers, and he didn't give a damn. He strained against his shorts, the feeling nearing pain. Zeke needed to have her. It took his every bit of self control to pull away from her. His member jumped when she whimpered at his departure. "Jazzy, I'm going to make one hell of a mess if we don't get somewhere private right now."

     Jasmine's eyes widened, she felt her cheeks flush, but she pinched her mouth shut and nodded her consent.

     Zeke expertly maneuvered through the streets and in no time, he was putting his truck in park in front of his house. He looked over at Jasmine one last time. His heart was in his throat as he waited for her to acknowledge him. She turned her eyes at him and gave a small nod.