Calvary Ch. 7 Crucifixion of Christ

Calvary

Chapter.7- Crucifixion of Christ (Crucem Christi)

Three years had passed, and I was getting frustrated. I was yet to conceive a child, and the air around the city had become unsettling. I knew something bad was about to happen, I just didn't know when. There was one morning when I was feeling sick and I felt like I couldn't get out of bed. Darron had to stay home with me and help me with daily activities. My breasts were tender and certain smells made me nauseous. After those three years God answered my prayers, I was with child.

It was two days before Passover and the festival of unleavened bread. The high priests had seen Jesus as a threat and wanted him arrested and killed however no action was taken as at the time. They waited until the festivals were over to prevent a riot from the people. After the festivities, Judas, a disciple of Jesus had gone to the Chief priests in order to betray Jesus. The chief priests were greatly pleased and offered Judas money so he could look for an opportunity to betray Jesus.

Jesus had been praying at Gethsemane, telling his disciples that one of them will betray him. While in the forest a group of people with swords and clubs arrived with Judas. Judas turned to the crowd, "The one I kiss is the man, arrest him and lead him away under guard." Him. Judas had went up to Jesus and kissed him. The crowd came after Jesus and Jesus said, "You come after me with swords and clubs as if I were a bandit? I was in the temple with you and you didn't arrest me."

The people who arrested Jesus took him to the high priests which they were seeking to kill Jesus. The people had spoken that Jesus was giving false testimonies and that he will destroy the temple and rebuild it in three days. The high priest walked over to Jesus and asked him, "Are you the blessed one, the messiah?" The whole time Jesus hadn't spoke, when Caiaphas had asked him, he replied. "I am." This enraged Caiaphas. He struck Jesus and spat on him. Caiaphas asked the people. "What is your verdict?" The people shouted, Death!" and beat Jesus.

Peter was in the courtyard at the time when one of the servant girls of the high priest came by and asked him, "You were with Jesus? The man from Nazareth?" Peter denied him saying, "I do not know the man." The rooster crowed. The servant girl turned to the people, "This man is one of them!" Peter once again denied it. After a while the bystanders asked again, and Peter began to curse, and he swore an oath. "I do not know what you are talking about!" At that moment the rooster crowed a second time and Peter had remembered Jesus telling him that before the rooster crows twice he will have denied him three times. Peter had ran off, broke down, and wept.

Darron and I woke up to the news that Jesus had been arrested. Darron was to be on duty for the day and he told me to stay at home. I was irritated. "You expect me to sit by and watch one of my other brothers get killed?" Darron became upset and told me, "I am your husband, I know my role, it's time you learn yours." I was getting emotional, "All I'm asking is that you don't lay a hand on Jesus." Darron didn't respond and he turned away and waked out.  After I knew he was out of sight, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I wasn't going to stand by, and watch Jesus go through torment. I looked for an opportunity. I walked through the courtyard that Jesus had been in the previous night. I found some Roman equipment laying nearby and luckily everything was a perfect fit. I headed out and overheard that Jesus was taken to Pontius Pilate.

Caiaphas had gone to Pontius Pilate as he wanted to have Jesus put to death. Pilate answered, "What has this man done to merit such penalty?" Caiaphas replied, "He has violated the sabbath consul, he has been seducing the people by teaching foul disgusting doctrines." Pilate was confused, "You welcomed this man five days ago and now you want to put him to death? Can anyone explain this madness?" Caiaphas continued, "We haven't yet told you his greatest crime, he calls himself the son of man." Meanwhile I was in the crowd listening to all this nonsense. Thinking to myself, "I have to talk to Pontius Pilate as soon as possible."