Calvary Ch. 8 Aftermath

Calvary

Chapter8- Aftermath (Epicinium)

After Mary, Joseph, and Mary Magdalene buried Jesus, I decided to pay them a visit. We were all exhausted from the event of the previous day. I felt like one by one the people I love were being taken away from me. Once at Mary and Joseph's I ran up to Mary and kneeled at her feet, "Mother Mary, I'm sorry..... I'm sorry I couldn't do more for him, I tried my best." Mary grabbed my arm, "Please my child, get up, you dint need to bow down to me." I got up to my feet and I looked down in embarrassment. Mary gave me a hug and Darron nodded at her in an acknowledgement. We all sat around recalling all of our personal and loving memories of Jesus.

It had been three days since Jesus had passed. Darron and I sat together enjoying the sunshine. At five months pregnant the morning sickness finally subsided. Cassius joined us for a bit. Both Darron and Cassius decided to quit their line of work. They decided to train under Joseph for carpenter work.

Near the afternoon I was cooking lunch. I went out to fold laundry until I felt until I felt a presence behind me. I quickly turn around and it was Jesus. "Brother!" Being informal I gave him a huge hug, "You came back!" I started to cry. Jesus pulled away and his smile seemed to fade. "I'm not staying, I have to return to my father in heaven."  I lowered my head. "I see." Jesus lifted my head, "Don't be disheartened sister for I am with you in spirit." He smiled as he gently touched my belly and said prayers for our unborn child. He then gave Darron a farewell before heading out.

Jesus had visited mother Mary and Mary Magdalene next. When he appeared to them they were filled with joy. They all rejoiced then Jesus turned to them saying, "I must join the father and I will be seated at his right hand." He bid them farewell then went off to see his disciples before he finally ascended into heaven with God. 

Four months have passed and I was ready to give birth. I was ready and my hands and feet were very swollen. Darron walks over and kisses my cheek, "Most beautiful woman ever!" Darron always knows ways to make me feel special and loved. Darron wanted a new look so he ditched the ponytail and let his shoulder length hair loose. His hair down reminded me of how brother Jesus wore his hair. It took some time getting used to, but I loved every bit of Darron no matter what. This was Darron's fresh start before the baby was born.

On a cool day in fall I gave birth to my first daughter Elizabeth. I named her after brother John's mother. Since quitting the army, Darron was doing carpenter work alongside Cassius and Joseph. Later down the road I gave birth to two more daughters, my second Eve, my third, Anna, and my last child, a son named John after John the Baptist. We had all eventually decided to move to Rome joined by Cassius. I am grateful for the loving people that I have in my life, and the sacrifices and love by my big brothers that have touched people's hearts. John and Jesus's memories will last a lifetime and the reminder that God is gracious and forgiving. Never forget the ultimate sacrifice that Jesus had made for man, so that one day we may stand with God in paradise.

                                                           -End

Authors Note:

Happy Easter everyone! I hope you all enjoyed Calvary. It has been a blessed time for me during this season of Lent. I had a wonderful experience writing this story. I am looking forward to writing my next story coming out this Summer, Tomorrow's Love. God Bless and have a wonderful Easter holiday!

                                                                                                                                       -Sierra Ann