serendipity☾ | 4

^^^ How I imagine Elodie to look

What I know:

My name is Nova Morshower

I have an elder sister named Elodie

My Dad was Arden Morshower, an Author who had a passion for Astronomy

My Mum was Ophelia Morshower

My parents died from the Disease when I was almost one year old

»»-----  -----««

I pin the notes to my wall with Blu-Tac. I looked at the photograph Elodie had given me, of our Mum and Dad. Mum looks much younger, about my sister's age. Dad's arms are wrapped around her and they both look like they've just stopped laughing long enough to take the photo. "You really do look like your Mother," Alya comments. I suppose it's true. I've inherited Mum's shortness and Elodie looks more like Dad because she's tall, but we both have Mum's blonde curly hair and Dad's bright, mysterious eyes.

"Alya, it doesn't bother you that I've been spending time with my sister, does it?" My best friend looks taken aback. "No, of course not, Nova! I'm so happy for you that you've finally found her. I understand that you want to spend as much time with her as possible," She grins, "Now, back to that homework?" I groan.

»»-----  -----««

Alya, Elodie, Leo and I huddle around the table. "Mm, this curry is delicious, Alya!" exclaims Elodie. Leo and I nod in agreement. She smiles. I look over to Leo. This is the first time we've really all spent time with each other. It's been two months since Elodie and I met in that bookshop.

After dinner, I leave Alya to talk to Elodie. Leo follows me to the piano. "Do you know how to play?" I ask. He smiles and takes a seat next to me. His fingers danced atop the keys like they were a stage and the tips of his fingers were the people.

I recognise the tune and start to play along. Soon I find myself singing along, then Leo's voice tunes in, then we're all singing. It turns out Elodie has an amazing singing voice. I lay my head into Leo's shoulder. "Oh, you guys are so in love," Elodie shakes her head and grins. I feel a blush spreading along my cheeks. "I-I don't know about that..." I gulp. "But, uh..."

I suddenly feel a cough arise in my throat. I quickly hurried into the bathroom and cough into the sink. I feel nauseous as I spit out blood. I scream. "Oh my God!" "NOVA?" yells Leo, running into the room and almost falling into the bath.

"Leo, you need to get out of here," "What?" "I can't let you-" My eyelids flutter. "Leo?" "Oh my God, guys! She's passed out! Quickly, ring the Doctor!"

»»-----  -----««

Leo's POV

»»-----  -----««

"What do you mean Doctor Schwartz can't come?" I feel my blood boiling as I pace around the room. I look at her ghostly body. I can't bear to look at her this way. "He can't treat patients with the Disease. He says it's too risky as he has enough patients to deal with." "Oh my God..." I collapse and pull Nova's body onto me, her head resting on my shoulder. I stroke her hair, twirling a lock of blonde around my finger. I tried to breathe in her flowery fragrance of the shampoo she uses, hoping it wouldn't be the last time I do so.

»»-----  -----««

I wake up to a voice. "Leo..." Nova croaks. She looks like she hasn't drunk anything for days. I rush to get a glass of water and pour it down her throat. Some escape from her mouth and dribbles down her chin. I kiss her forehead repetitively. "You don't know how worried I was about you," I give a sigh of relief.