oh baby☾ | 12

It's been almost eight months. I can feel him or her kicking and I smile. "Are you okay, honey?" Leo asks me, pouring me a cup of tea. He pecks me on the lip and feels my stomach, grinning at me. "I can't wait," he says. "So, definitely Andromeda Ophelia for a girl? And Arden Beckett for a boy?" He adds. I smile. "There are no names I'd rather choose. I can't wait to see Alya's face when she finds out she's going to be the godmother of our baby." "Did someone say Alya?" Alya walks in. "Uhh, yeah," Leo rubs the back of his neck and I glare at him from behind. Smooth, Leo, I think sarcastically, Super smooth. "She was just saying how amazing you are." I look at Alya and nod. She smirks back.

Suddenly, a sharp pain overwhelms my body. I scream and feel a liquid run down my leg. "Her water's broke!" yells Leo. "This is too early," I sob, "Something must be wrong," My vision blurs as the pain intensifies. "Ok, I'm going to have to ask you to push," Alya says, positioning me on the couch. "But... it's too soon," "Come on, Nova, please!" I hear Leo sobbing in the back. I give a push and hear a scream. It goes pitch black.

»»-----  -----««

"My baby!" My eyes shine with happy tears. Alya and Leo look towards me, breaking down in sobs. "Can I hold her? Or him? Please?" My heart rate intensifies. "What-please say that they're breathing!" Alya smiles at me and I breathe a sigh of relief. She hands me a blanket and I hold it in my arms. I pull the blanket down slightly and gasp.

"She's a girl," Alya says. She has my bright eyes and Leo's nose. Behind her ear is tucked a little birthmark in the shape of a star and rosy cheeks. She's perfect. "She's absolutely gorgeous," Leo and I say at the same time. "Our Andromeda Ophelia," I add. You have no idea how ecstatic I felt when I saw our baby for the first time. I had never felt so much love towards something. I just wanted to hold her in my arms forever. She even had a small single blonde curl on top of her smooth head, she was a Morshower for sure. "Hey, Andromeda Ophelia Morshower-Callister," whispers Leo, stroking her cheek with his thumb. I look up at him. "Morshower-Callister," I laugh, "Jeez, it's a mouthful," Leo grins. "She's as much a Morshower as she is a Callister," He says and kisses me on the head.

She gurgles and I giggle. "Why don't you go have a nap, Nova?" Alya asks, "You must be exhausted," I don't want to leave Andromeda but I nod; my eyelids are already fluttering.

»»-----  -----««

I wake up in the middle of the night and creep out of my bedroom to see Leo holding Andy in his arms. "I'm your Dada," he exclaims, "And that's your Mama," He points to a photograph. "She's very pretty, isn't she? Like you, my little princess," He kisses her on the nose, "And that's your Godmumma. She's very bossy but very nice," I laugh and sit down next to him; he smiles over at me. "That's your Grandmummy Ophelia and your Uncle Octavius. He's very young in this photo, isn't he? He was only four years old there," He holds up four fingers, "And that's your Auntie Elodie. She was a great friend of ours," Leo wraps his arm around me and looks into my eyes lovingly. 

"My two beautiful girls," he whispers, kissing me. I lie on his chest, cradling our daughter in my arms. Our heartbeats beat in unison. Tears sting my eyes. "She's ours," I whisper. "Have you told Alya that she's going to be godmother yet?" I hear a sob and look up at Alya, who is standing at the doorway. "I'm guessing... no," "Come on, let me hold my goddaughter then... Gosh, that feels weird coming out of my mouth," We laugh and I hand Andy to her.

»»-----  -----««

Fun fact: The number of words of the story (excluding the authors note) is 666...

QOTC - What do you think of the story so far? Have you checked out the Once, We Existed Wiki yet?

Thank you for reading!😘

»»-----  -----««