nostalgia☾ | 13

I'd like to dedicate this chapter to several people. @xsxftsunflxwerx , because you are the best friend someone could have. You always support me no matter what. Also #zae hehe😏❤️

Next, I'd like to dedicate it to @mischief017. You are an amazing friend and I cannot believe it has been eight years since we became friends. You are always there for me which I really appreciate.❤️

I'm also dedicating it to @danielle_3465 even though I already dedicated a chapter to you. You are just too precious. I love all you three so much, without y'all idk who I'd be🤷‍♀️❤️

I also want to dedicate it to my new friend @KikiARMY7. Though I don't know you that well yet, you are so kind and sweet and I'm looking forward to getting to know you better❤️Amore dalla Nuova Zelanda!

And also my teachers back all those years ago in primary who influenced me to continue with my writing when I was little. Without their help, I wouldn't be where I am today. Thank you to Mrs P (K), Mrs D, Mrs P (L), Mr W and Miss H. ❤️ 

And my fam! Y'all annoying sometimes but I love y'all a lot❤️

Okay *drumroll please* get ready for Chapter 13 - Nostalgia!

»»-----  -----««

Seven years later

»»-----  -----««

"Mummy, you said you were going to bake with me today!" I stop typing and direct my eyes from the document of words on the Hologram before me to my daughter, whose bright blue eyes are watering. Her blonde hair is pulled into a braid and her body draped with a flowery dress. "I'm sorry, baby," I say apologetically, and mean it, "Why don't you ask Uncle Octavius if you and Beck can make some cupcakes? Or maybe some pancakes?" She leaves the room in tears. I hear a knock on my door. A man with light brown hair, glasses and a smirk enters the room, wrapping me in a hug and kissing me. "How's my princess?" He asks Juniper, picking up our daughter and rocking her. She giggles. I pretend to look hurt. "What about me?" I pout my bottom lip. He chuckles. "You're not my princess, honey, you're my queen,"

»»-----  -----««

It's been a long time since I've written here. The past seven years have been a blur. We've moved to a permanent property in a new city, Lumence, which was built two years ago, six years after the City was destroyed. It has been a roller-coaster ride but here I am, starting a new job as a freelance writer, with three kids. When Mum got together with Micaiah they moved in with us. Octavius was only eleven at that time.

With the Disease wiped out and the population slowly growing, schools have opened up for the first time in centuries. We've enrolled Andy into Liberty Primary School, a school walking distance from our house. We've even got a cat, a black cat, which we've named Cosmos Junior. Andromeda was named after my adoptive mother. Often I find myself spacing out and thinking of her and Elodie and my biological Dad. Sometimes I find myself crying. But that's only if I've had a bad day.

I look up to the stars and see them in the brightest shine. I wonder if they could see me down on Earth, and if they could, would they be proud of what I achieved?

»»-----  -----««

Alya walks up to me. "Are you okay, Nova?" I sigh. "Yeah, I've just got to get these last few articles edited." "I can help with that!" "But isn't that cheating? Getting an Artificial Intelligence to help you with your job?" I ask and she laughs. "Come on, go spend some time with Andy and Beck," I sigh in defeat. "Thank you, Alya. I will repay you." She smiles and I take the last mouthful of coffee and swallow it. I scrunched my face up. I much prefer tea. I was only drinking coffee so I could get these articles finished before midnight. The bitter taste doesn't disappear from my mouth.