aelinor.

PROLOGUE

262 A.C.

"Push! Harder my Queen!" The midwife screamed while trying to keep the baby's head up. The labor had been hours long, and ever Lord and Lady in the Red Keep knew that the Queen was trying to birth the new prince or princess.

When King Aerys heard that the queen was pregnant, he made a big feast for the unborn child's name. They had spent four years trying to get another child after Rhaegar, but the queen only had stillbirths and miscarriages. That had only led to being humiliated by the King.

Everywhere Rhaella would go, people would look at her with pity in their eyes. Men, Women, and even children knew what the king did to his sister wife.

After many hours of laying in her own bloody bed, a babe was heard screaming. Rhaella lost quite a lot of blood, and the midwife thought for a second that she would die. There was blood soaking the sheets, her whole body, and on the grey stone floors.

"It is a girl, your Grace."

Just by looking at the newborn child, you could see that the child was beautiful, without question. Looking at her would remind someone of a beautiful fragile small doll. The first thing Rhaella noticed was thick silver hair on top of her small head. Her nose was small and delicate and her lips were small and pink. The babe has not yet opened her eyes so Rhaella could not see what color her eyes were, but she could imagine that they were a unique purple, a mixture of her own and Aerys's eyes.

The princess was quiet and healthy. Only once glance at the girl, and you would fall in love with that perfect little babe. She was truly beautiful. Rhaella smiled. Finally she would not suffer anymore from her brothers hands. She had given what Aerys had always wanted. A daughter for Rhaegar.

The queen looked down at her daughter and smiled. "She's going to be the queen of the people one day. She will bewitch every soul she meets." The queen whispered to the small child in her arms.

The babe slightly shifted and stirred, trying to pull her arms up trying to move her arms. Rhaella brought her shaky hand and lightly touched the child's cheek and brought her closer to her face and laced a small kiss on her head.

The doors where roughly pushed open by a following shout. "Where is my child?!"

Rhaella flinched. Gods, could he not be quiet for once? She had just given birth to her daughter only moments ago. It was the least he could give her.

Aerys walked where Rhaella was lying covered in sweat and blood. He looked at the child in his sister's arms. Rhaella could've sworn she saw admiration and love fill his eyes.

Aerys took the child from her and placed her in his arms. He stared at the princess thoughtfully before smiling slightly.

"Aelinor." He said not bothering to look at Rhaella. He gave his daughter back to Rhaella and stood beside the bed and stared at her.

"What?" Rhaella asked in a small voice, fear of angering him. Aerys did have a bad temper and Rhaella did not want to get a beating now when she was so tired and already close to falling asleep.

Aerys smiled at her and shocked Rhaella for the first time in nearly four years. He kissed her head and brushed some straws of hair away from her sweat covered face.

"Aelinor Targaryen, that is our daughter's name."

For the first time in a while, the king and queen felt a closeness with each other they had not felt in years.

DISCLAIMER:

WILL BE EDITING!! THIS IS TOO CRINGY

YALL IT WAS MY FIRST TIME WRITING ANY FANFIC SO I ALWAYS CRINGE WHILE REWRITING IT.

READ IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.