07. | WEDDING

07. | WEDDING
——————————

 | WEDDING——————————

At their wedding day Elia Martell was beautiful like just like the sun. Walking down the isle she would be considerd beautiful for any man she would wed, and in this case it was Rhaegar Targaryen.

Aelinor knew that Rhaegar would do something that would break her in the future.

She could feel it.

Rhaegar; standing tall and gracefull at the top, waiting for his soon-to-be wife. Even though he was about to wed his bethroed in a moment, all the ladies awed at the sight of him.

Aelinor couldn't lie, her brother was handsome. But of course it was only sisterly love. She would catch his eyes at her watching her like a hawk just to get a reaction from her, he knew it was hopeless, he was only a brother to Aelinor.

And that broke him. He was supposed to get Aelinor. HE was her brother, and he would protect her, not some lowly lannister.

Rhaegar could not lie, he knew that Elia Martell was beautifull. Wearing a long stunning blue dress that fit her like a glove. Her black her tided on her dead with some braids. Her face looked up at him, those innocent doe eyes he could not help but admire.

Not her eyes but her innocence. A part of him wished he was a prince of Dorne. Where he could be free and love whomever he wished. He longed that. And he knew that he was being unfair but he just knew that he would never grow to love Elia. A part of him hated himself for that and another part, shamely was grateful to not grow to love her. She was a good woman who deserved better that himself. He knew that.

He just couldn't help it. In his mind it would be duty and honor who came first. But in his heart it would always, whitout a doupt be Aelinor. He could picture her face on Elia's. He could hear Aelinor's voice say those vows and himself saying it back.

Sitting and sipping his wine he knew he had to put up a good husbandly act for the lords and ladys.

"Would you care for a dance, my lady wife?" Rhaegar asked impatiently with a small smile that didn't reach his eyes.

Elia noticed this and felt herself getting a pang of sadness in her heart, but ignored it and accepted with a small voice.

————————————

People watched with hawk eyes as they danced. They would talk about the wedding for weeks. Aelinor was sure of it. They didn't have anything better to do.