17. | VISERYS

17. | VISERYS
____________________

 | VISERYS ____________________

Aelinor knew that it was the failed assassination on her, that her father made her locked in a room in the highest tower in the Keep. The king was furious and only added to his madness. He burned all the guards who was posted outside her chambers and more guards he thought had betrayed him. The smell could be smelled even in the highest tower in the Keep.

The chambers were big enough thought was rather boring. The stone walls were dull and grey. The Targaryen sigils on the windows and the walls. It was only one window in the chambers and it was rather big.

Opening it up the wind blew some strands of her hair, blowing on her face. She tucked the strands behind her ear and brushed them behind her shoulder. Aelinor sat at a chair behind her desk full of books to keep her entertained.Try to keep her entertained at least. Aelinor gave out a frustrated sigh and stood up from her silver chair.

It was being said that her mother was on the birthing bed, giving birth to a new prince or princess. It was not a secret to people that the queen have had many difficulties with pregnancies in the past. Many ending in stillbirths, miscarriages or dying in early years. Yet, the king still demanded a child from her even though he knew that his sister-wife was in pain. So that always started with the king raping the queen. As many have witnessed as well as herself and Rhaegar.

And even though Rhaegar was his heir the king was convinced that his own son was trying to usurp him. Even though he is the heir. It was not a secret that the king didn't like his heir and only tolerate his daughter. Aelinor was without a doubt the kings favorite child.

She walked back and fourth while nibbling on her fingers. She was shaking, waiting for answers.

She was angry and disappointed that her father did not allow her out of her rooms to be with her mother. Even if it was a big chance at her mother not making it out alive. Some Lords and Ladies even thought that the queen would finally die in child bed. That would be a day everyone grieves if so.

The door opened and in came Jaime walking towards her. Aelinor turned around to face him and walked closer to Jaime. She had a worried face plastered on her face, "My mother?" She questioned as she gave worried nod signaling him to answer her.

Jaime gave a small smile while loosening his hand on his sword, "The queen is tired and lost a lot of blood, but she will recover." Aelinor gave a shaky sigh and nodded her head once again.

She looked up and her face became a expressionless face. "Will there be a new prince or princess?"

Jaime nodded. "A prince, my princess"

Aelinor gave a small smile, the thought at having a little brother to protect from her father. Aelinor knew that Aerys hated Rhaegar so he would make the new prince just like him. A mad prince. A mad king. But Aelinor would not make that happen. She would protect him and give her own life for him if needed to.

Aelinor stared at Jaime, smiling. Jaime flushed before her and shook his head. Aelinor briefly remembered him as a Lord and betrothed to her. Jaime still was a very dear friend to Aelinor, maybe a first love even.

"May I see them?" Aelinor asked with curious and hopeful eyes as she pulled her hands to her chest. Aelinor hoped to see her new brother before anyone else, even though she knew that her father would've taken him away and locked him away like he did with her.

Jaime's smile widened and gave a small chuckle at her innocence, "Yes princess, you're allowed to see the Queen and the new prince". Jaime could not have possibly known what was on the mind of Aelinor, yet he could imagine. Jaime often finds himself lost in her innocent violet-pink eyes. They were magical, like they could lure any man or woman at that, in her own trap. Yet, he knew that Aelinor was not like that. She was kind, brave, beautiful and a dutiful person, princess. Jaime found himself shamefully thanking the gods that Aelinor was not wedded to her brother, as he would've had to watch them be happy and in love. He new that Prince Rhaegar was in love with his sister even now after his wife has given min a daughter and a son.

Jaime knew he was in love with her. He had always thought that Cersei was his only love, considering that they were twins and came to this world together. Yet, he knew that his twin was evil and power-hungry. Cersei claims that she loves him, yet he knows she would choose to be Queen any day rather than to be with Jaime. Jaime will always love Cersei, but he knows that she had and will always poison his heart. Cersei always liked things to be hers, and never share. But yet, Jaime knows that he would still chose Cersei over Aelinor. And he hates himself over it.

Aelinor's eyes widened before they turned to a wide smile. She had forgotten how to smile so happily. She began giggling and ran past Jaime and her other guards, guarding her chambers. It was unbelievably stupid of how many guards the king had set up for her. One would have thought that he did not want her to leave at all. She ran as fast as she could towards her mother's chambers, stopping occasionally to greet the servants that she meet with. She was meet with the guards standing outside the chambers they, of course nodded to her and slid to the side allowing her to enter.

She was immediately welcomed by a disgusting smell, a mixture of blood and sweat. But at that moment Aelinor did not care for her well being. Just for her mother and new brother.

She walked slowly toward the large bed that was surrounded by the Queens handmaidens. They had smiles on their faces and turned their head up to greet the princess.

"My princess" the handmaiden, Lady Florent greeted her with a large smile and a small bow.

Aelinor smiled back and gave a nod at her. The handmaidens quickly walked behind the bed so that the princess could meet her new brother.

Aelinor walked quietly toward her mother. She looked awful like she have been stabbed a thousand times. Aelinor sat on her knees as she barely hugged her mother, afraid of hurting her.

"Mother". Aelinor said with tears in her eyes as she stared with awe eyes at the small bundle in her mothers arms. He looked handsome and powerful even at a days old. He could not open his eyes yet so she could not see what color his eyes were. Aelinor hoped that they were like hers, both her mother and brother had the same purple eyes. Even her father had them. Aelinor had rather more pink eyes then purple. A weird sight considering that all Targaryens had purple eyes, but for some curious reason Aelinor had gotten a more pink color.

Rhaelle stared tiredly at her daughter with a gentle smile, "Your father named him Viserys". Rhaelle smiled as she brought Viserys closer to Aelinor.

Aelinor stared awe-struck at her baby brother. She knew that she would cherish him and love him with all her heart.

 She knew that she would cherish him and love him with all her heart

________________

A/N: OKAYY SO THISWAS A MUCH SHORTER CHAPTER THEN EXPECTED SRRYY!!