02 Two Legger*

Random fact...
In reality, a wolf pack only has one mating pair.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

What. Was. That?!

I make it back to my pack, shaken. They all greet me happily. What's with that two legger? Where did the wolf go? What's going on?! One of the pups tries to play with me, but I just shake her off. I am not in the mood right now. Before long, the pack is winding down, getting ready to sleep. We curl up close together outside the den and fall asleep.

That was so weird! I woke up thinking about last night. I hope I never see that wolf again. He would be dangerous for my pack... I spoke too soon. As we ready for our hunt gathering up the pups, I see movement in the woods. I turn to it and growl. Out pops the large brown wolf.

He doesn't attack, which surprises me. I figured he would challenge me for my pack. I stay on alert, growling at the intruder. He slowly walks toward me. When he gets too close, I snap at him. He jumps back just watching me. When his eyes go to my pack... the pups... I come unglued.

I pounce on the wolf, and we go rolling away from my pack. Once my feet hit the ground again, I am growling at the wolf ready to fight. My pack starts to circle the intruder. He will not hurt us... I won't let him. When he sees how outnumbered he is, the wolf runs off. Good riddance! I huff in his direction.

We had a good hunt once that wolf was taken care of. We brought back some meat for the mother wolf, played with the pups, and just relaxed the rest of the day.

●○●○●○●

No one really wants to go anywhere this morning, so it's a kinda lazy day. Some of the pups started killing small animals. Lookin' good they will be full grown hunters in no time. I take a walk just to clear my mind. That wolf has me on edge. He followed me back here. To my pack. We can't move with the young mother and new pups, so fending him off may become a repetitive ordeal.

"What's your name?" I turn around quickly. The two legger is back again. I growl at it.

"Why won't you shift?" I continue to growl. This two legger needs to leave me alone.

"So..." it sits on a rock watching me. "You live with wild wolves?... never heard of that. A werewolf living with common wild wolves.. hu?" It won't leave me alone. It keeps talking... but it doesn't seem dangerous. I sit down and just watch it. "I'm Alic, by the way.... how long have you lived like this?"

What does it mean? I am a wolf. I had a momma wolf and a poppa wolf. multiple brother and sister wolves. I am a wolf! the two leggers need to leave me alone. I am a wolf! I know I'm different, but I am a wolf!

"You can trust me... I can take you back to my pack... wait... you don't know what I'm talking about, do you?" I give him a confused look. A wolf living with two leggers? There was no way that would work!

"You don't know what you are, do you?... how long have you been in wolf form?... months?... years?... do you even remember being human?" Human? That's what it is... yeah, I'm still gonna call it a two legger. It stands up and walks toward me.

"I'm gonna show you something. Don't be scared. You ready?" This two legger is nuts. I watch it carefully. My jaw drops as the two legger becomes the brown wolf from before. I growl at him.

He slowly approaches me. He is being cautious as he should be. I want to attack him, but I am still confused as to how the two legger became this massive wolf. He nuzzles into my neck.

I grab his scruff and pull him away from me. I don't know you like that! I growl at him again. He bows his head and runs away. He looked... sad. My wolves don't show that much emotion. This wolf is different.