05 Learning Curve*

Random fact...
A wolf can run 37mph... yeah, I'm screwed if I ever meet one. You will find me in a tree calling for my mommy... unless werewolves are real ...

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Bella's POV

I've spent weeks studying. I can read decently. I remember my poppa teaching me. He would help me read books every night. That's how I could make out the signs warning us about the hunt for wolves. A lot is coming back to me. My speech is normal... or mostly normal. I'm progressing steadily. Honestly, it's not that hard. Just because I was in wolf form doesn't mean I turned my brain off. Being here, I'm becoming more human.

"Bella!" Ruby yells, walking into my room.

"Hello Ruby." I greet her.

"You know, Hi! Hey! And what's up?! Are accepted greetings as well?" She laughs.

"I could just say greetings from now on." I throw back with sass.

"Oh! Got me! Who would have thought you'd get all sassy?" we both laugh.

"I was still me just in wolf form." I say.

"Soo your wolf wasn't in control?" She asks.

"My wolf?" I don't know what she's talking about!

"Yeeeeaah... you know little voice in your head... constant pain in the neck... primal personality... your wolf!?" She explains.

"Nope, no wolf." I tell her.

"You can't be serious! You mean you spent years in wolf form, and she never spoke to you or took control?" She asks, amazed.

"Noooo... does that matter? Is their something wrong with me?" I ask.

"Try to talk to her... just like think to her. See if she responds." She tells me without answering my questions. I roll my eyes and try.

"Magical wolf person?" I think.

No response.

"Wolf? Wolf?! Calling wolf! Heeeeelllllooooooo!..."

"Would you shut up!?" I voice cuts me off.

"Hello, wolf." I tell her. I hear her sigh.

"Hello, human." She responds.

"Why are you just now talking to me?" I ask.

"You were giving me a headache." She growls.

"You were silent for years... Ruby seems amazed by that... why?" I continue my questioning.

"When in wolf form for extended periods typically the wolf part takes over and you become feral... I didn't want that, so I stayed in the background. I was there. I just focused on keeping us in my form." She explained.

"You were protecting me?"

"Yes... as I am now. You need to learn how to be human, and if I am present, I won't be able to control myself around certain people." She tells me.

"Control yourself?! Around who? What are you talking about? Wolf?"

"TTFN Little human..." she says, and I feel her presence block me from communicating with her.

"Sooooo?" Ruby asks as I look around the room.

"She didn't want to turn feral, so she hid away... she was protecting me." I tell her.