16 The Bad Man and The Baby

For about a week we have been getting more and more rouges requesting to join the pack. Other packs are growing too and it seems to be going well. Packs are getting stronger and attacks by the "demon rouges" are few. It all seems to be going well.

Ruby is overdue to have her pup and has been screaming at anyone and everyone to and I quote 'get this thing out of me!' And to Malak 'remove your spawn!' It's kinda funny to watch but don't tell her I'm laughing.

"You ready for training?" Alic asks me as he enters our room.

"Always ready to kick your butt!" I respond laughing.

"If you want to touch my butt all you have to do is ask." He smirks wrapping his arms around me. "On second thought don't. I like it when you surprise me. You can touch me all you want." I roll my eyes and push him away.

"We are going to train Alic. Clam yourself." I scold him.

"We can be a little late... I mean I'm the King can I really be late? Everything starts when I get there." He says stalking towards me again.

"Nope! Training time." I say ducking him and running out the door. With a groan my mate follows.

I race to the training grounds however my stupid King of a mate still beats me. So annoying!

"Come on Bella. Let's train." Alic says taking my hand.

As we walk onto the training grounds I quickly stop in my tracks.

"Are you okay?" Alic asks noticing my change in mood.

"Fine." I nod then look over to the man that sends an icy chill through my body. Why is he here? "I... I think I'm gonna skip training and check on Ruby." I say hoping the man doesn't see me.

"No way little missy! You wouldn't let me be late I'm not letting you skip. Come on let's..."

"Alic!" Malak cuts him off as he runs up to us. "It's time! Finally and thank God it's time! I need to go!"

"Of course! Let's go! Gamma Chris can take over training today."

With that we take off to the infirmary to see the soon to be new momma.

"Where in the blasted freak have you been!" Ruby screams at Malak as we enter her room.

"On that note we're gonna wait in the waiting room." Alic says. I see Malak mouth 'help me!' As Ruby takes his hand and we exit to give them privacy. "If I would have known she was that far into labor we would not have walked down that hallway." Alic shudders as we sit in the waiting room.

"What are you gonna do when we have a pup?" I ask him looking at his terrified face.

"I will smile and hold your hand and try very, very hard not to pass out." He says holding my hand.

"Are you gonna be okay?" I ask as he still looks shaken.

"Yea... I just don't get how something so big can come out of such a small opening. Its scary." He shakes again.

"The big bad Alpha King is scared of a baby." I tease him. I get a glare in return.  "You'll feel better once you see the baby and you see that Ruby is alive and well." I try to make him feel better. He sighs.

"I guess... I just hate to see her in pain... and when its you I'm probably gonna flip out. I don't want anything to hurt you." Alic says and I smile snuggling into his chest.

"It will be worth it." I whisper. I'm only a few days late maybe I'm not pre...

"You two ready to meet your niece?" Malak asks cutting off my train of thought as we jump up.

"I got my princess! I told you Malak!" Alic says as we go back.

"And I told you your daughter will be a princess. Mine will be what ever she wants." Malak responds.

"Aaaaand I'm still gonna spoil her rotten then send her home for you to deal with!" Alic says grinning ear to ear. "Now where's my princess?"

"She's right here doofus! Now be quiet unless you want her screaming again!" Ruby scolds him before handing over her pup.

"So little one, I'm thinking you need some pretty dresses and lots of dollies and an extravagant tea party set ooh oooh and you need your own personal play castle!" Alic gushes over his little niece as she holds his finger.

"She's a baby. She needs diapers, bottles, wipes, and lots of onesies because I'm not dressing her up all fancy every day just for her to spit up on it." Ruby tells him. He waves her off with the hand that the baby is holding.

"Yea yea yea! That's the boring stuff the parents buy. I'm talking about the princess stuff Uncle Alic is gonna shower on her. Isn't that right? You're Uncle Alic's little princess aren't you? Don't worry I wont tell them I'm your favorite." I can't help but awww at how sweet my mate is with the little girl.

"Waaaaaa! Waaaaaa!!!" The baby starts to scream. I see the panic in Alic's eyes as he tries to calm her and have to fight not to laugh.

"What did I do?! Did I hurt her?! Oh crap! Oh crap!" Alic begins to panic and a chuckle escapes my mouth.

"Relax, brother, she's just hungry." Malak says taking the squalling infant and handing her to her mother.

"Yea I knew that!" Alic says still catching his breath.

"Suuure." Malak responds as Ruby starts to breastfeed her pup.

"Wait... you... you're just gonna... I need some Air!" Alic stammers and runs out unable to handle it. The three of us laugh. I give Malak a hug and congratulations then wave to Ruby before going to find my mate.

I can't find him inside so I walk outside and circle the building knowing he can't be far. As I round the corner I find myself pinned up against the building.

"Hello Luna!" He spits my title like it's acid. "I know you saw me earlier." My heart races in my chest as I look at the man.

"Who are you?" I whisper.

"Oh little Isabella. You already know or you wouldn't have been so frightened when you saw me on the training grounds." He hisses.

"Give us the girl and we'll  let you live!" The bad man yells.

"Please I don't know you!" I beg.

"Never!" Poppa roared punching the man.

"You remember little Luna. You know exactly who I am." He says so close to my face I can feel the hot air as he exhales.

"Run Bella!" Poppa tells me.

"What do you want?" I ask the man he digs his hand into my shoulder as he keeps me pinned to the hospital wall.

"I want you to keep your pretty little mouth shut! I got a good thing goin' here. That mate of yours actually believed me when I told him I was kicked out of my pack for stealing food for my sick mom... your mate's a real softie. Anyway I just want you to let me live my life. That's not so hard is it?" He asks.

"Fine! Just leave me alone!" I say. Normally I'd fight but if I am pregnant I can't risk the pup. I can't risk him hitting me.

"Good choice Luna... and congratulations by the way." He says as he walks away. How did he know? That's when I notice the protective hold I have on my abdomen. I slide down the wall crying. He's here! Why is he here?!

"Bella?" I hear Alic's voice as he rounds the corner. "Bella! Are you okay?!" I nod standing up to hug him.

"Yea, I just couldn't find you and got worried." I tell him as I breath in his intoxicating scent.

"I'm right here, Bella, right here."