YEARS AGO: THE BEST FRIEND

Unedited*

WARNING: MENTIONS SUICIDE!!

Eden has been at the college for two weeks now and she missed her mother and siblings, a lot

Eden has been at the college for two weeks now and she missed her mother and siblings, a lot. She hasn't exactly made many friends and her roommate wasn't very friendly. She was a girl who had a boyfriend yet still flirted with other guys. Eden met her boyfriend, Blake, once and he was extremely nice and charming and he was probably her first friend there.

She was currently working on a sketch for her class when she hears yelling from the other room. Eden sighs when she hears her roommate arguing with Blake yet again probably about her defending herself against the cheating accusations. Blake wasn't yelling and instead trying to get her to stop yelling and have a civil conversation. She had no idea why he hasn't broken up with her, she was clearly cheating, she has hickeys covering her neck and Blake hasn't been over for two weeks now.

"You know what! We're done!" The girl yells and Blake sighs

"Fine" he mumbles and closes the front door

Eden hums and goes back to her sketch making a few adjustments to the dress before smiling in content. She hears her roommate groaning and mumbling on the phone and than the sound of the door closing again. Seems she's already found her new boyfriend or fling

Eden closes her sketchbook and lays it down on her desk when she sees a framed family picture. She gently picks it up and scans the picture with a small smile on her face. Allison and Luther were smiling at each other with their hands entwined, Ben was sitting on a chair beside Klaus with a book in his head looking over it to smile at his siblings, Diego had Klaus in a headlock with a wide smile and Klaus looked like he was suffocating but still wore a smile, Vanya sat a little ways from the rest of them with her violin in her hands and a small smile on her face, and Eden was on Fives shoulder both holding up a piece sign at the camera and wore wide smiles.

Eden sighs sadly at the sight of him and suddenly that aching pain in her heart comes back. She sits on her bed with the picture in her hand with a frown, oh how she missed him.  She lays down and sets the frame beside her head, staring at it until her eyes got to heavy and shut.

A MONTH has passed since Eden has been attending college and she seemed skinnier, paler and quieter. Her roommate has even started noticing and that's a lot since her roommate didn't even like her. Blake messaged her often and some of her other friends but she barely replied and instead sulked in her room.

It was harder to fight off the dark thoughts inside her head without her family, especially her mother. Her mom was her light always fighting the darkness away and shining so brightly the darkness never came back. But it seemed harder and harder to get up every mourning, harder to fight the thoughts, the bad bad thoughts that circled through her head. And one day she listened, she gave in, she gave up on life and the will to fight inside her head, she had lost.