Storming the Ship

Mao Mao took a deep breath to calm himself. He told himself that he needed to do this and do it fast. The feline grabbed the pommel of his katana, pulling forward and unsheathing the golden blade. Holding it firmly he carefully darted to the wide halls of the ship, determined to find either the Ruby or the captain of this place and get them to tell him where said Ruby is. He ran down the halls, not sure exactly where he was supposed to go but he had a good feeling he would find what he was looking for.

At the end of the hall Mao Mao stopped and looked up at the stairs that obviously lead up to the deck. The feline nodded firmly to himself and looked down at this katana. He ran up the stairs and quickly scanned his surroundings. Just across from him on the ship's deck stood Ratanrang and Ramaraffe staring directly at him in shock. Behind them stood what seemed to Mao Mao a snake and an orangutan somehow together.

"Who the heck are you?" Ratarang cried out pointing at the mysterious cat.

"When did we get a cat?" Ramaraffe in confusion.

"I'm more than just a cat! I'm the hero who's gonna stomp you into the ground and take back the Ruby Pure Heart piece," Mao Mao grinned, raising his katana high.

The three villains just stood there perplexed in complete silence, blinking in confusion.

"Don't just stand there! Get him!" the primate-reptile fusion shrieked at his followers. The rat and giraffe looked at one another and back at Mao Mao before doing what they were told and springing into action. Mao Mao jumped back as Ramaraffe swung her head down to the ground. Ratarang jumped into the air and transformed himself into his boomerang shape.

"Hey, boss! Throw me! Throw me!" Ratarang chirped enthusiastically. The boss in question rolled his eyes and picked the rat up and threw him at the invading feline. Mao Mao jumped clear from another one of the giraffe's headbutts. He heard a whistling sound in the air, looking up he saw the rat-weapon soaring towards. Raising his katana to block the incoming attack, Mao Mao growled and sent the boomerang right back to the sender.

Said sender caught the ratarang and dropped him to the ground, ignoring the grunt of pain from the subordinate. "Fools, the both of you! If you two can care of a little kitty-cat then I, Orangusnake, will!" Orangusnake reached behind him to reveal a handle, pressing a button turned on weapon revealing an axe that was made of some kind of energy. Mao Mao sized up his foe and raised his katana once again.

"Oh, brave one aren't we? Not even the least bit scared?" the two creatures in one taunted.

"Where's that piece?" Mao Mao yelled. Orangusnake looked like a formidable foe, one that Mao Mao inwardly admitted might be a little out of his grasp. Regardless he kept a stern face, feeling himself start to sweat.

"If you honestly think I'll tell you then—" Orangusnake charged forward, axe raised high. Mao Mao let out a gasp of shock, barely raising his katana in time to block the axe from slicing right through him. The feline grunted in effort, but managed to push against the force of his foe. Mao Mao's eyes darted to the ground for a second and he got an idea. He pushed back against the axe as hard as he could, pushing Orangusnake off balance. Mao Mao gave a triumphant chuckle, successfully aggravating his enemy who brought the axe down full force. Seeing his chance, Mao Mao ducked and slid between his foe's legs. Orangusnake growled in frustration and attempted to pull his axe out of the floor it tore through, but it was lodged in deep and was not budging.

"Well don't just stand there! Get him!" Orangusnake hissed at Ratarang and Ramaraffe. Unbeknownst to all of them the blow to the deck floor alerted another member below of the conflict taking place.

The rat and giraffe threw themselves at the feline. Mao Mao turned around, sharply swinging his katana at the two of them, knocking the pair away easily. They went flying back and landed harshly on the deck's floor.

"We're okay..." the both of them confirmed in a dazed state.

"You two are complete and utter...." Orangusnake was about to verbally rip into his crew when rapid heavy footsteps caught his attention.

"Boss! What's going on?"

Mao Mao turned around to see a large, stocky badger sporting an eyepatch and mechanical arm running up the stairs to the deck.

"Badgerclops! Quickly, get that hero!" Orangusnake hissed, pointing directly to Mao Mao. The badgers stood there in confusion, his single eye darting from his boss to the mysterious feline. He shook his head and rushed on the deck.

Mao Mao said nothing to the new opponent, simply readying his katana. The two stood there, waiting for the other to make a move. Mao Mao soared forward ready to end this quickly. Badgerclops took a quick step back and jumped out of the way. Mao Mao grinned to himself, sure he already had the foe on the ropes. The feline let out a sharp grunt and sharply fell to the ground, dropping his weapon. Mao Mao looked back for what snagged his feet, only to find that not only was it the mechanical arm of the badger, but it was reeling him in.

"Whatever you're trying to do, it's not gonna work," Badgerclops growled with a dark tone that made the feline's heart skip a beat. He tried to grip the wood of the floor and drag himself free from the pull. But to no avail, Badgerclops hold on him was much stronger. Sharply Mao Mao was thrown sharply into the air and just as quickly slammed mercilessly into the hard floor. The helpless cat gave a sharp groan of pain and dropped his katana.

Badgerclops saw that as his chance, with a harsh and sharp tug he reeled the injured cat close. Mao Mao felt himself being dragged towards the badger and readied himself to make one final attempt. Badgerclops reeled Mao Mao all the way in, leaving him dangling in the palm of his cybernetic paw. Grunting from the pain he was in, Mao Mao threw a weakened punch that was just short of the mustelid. Badgerclops blinked in surprise before exhaling sharply. Mao Mao was about to smile, thinking he had the larger mammal. But that idea was quickly exchanged by the sight of the badger's massive closed fist careening right at his face....