The Cell

Mao Mao paced back and forth inside the cell, trying to come up with a new way to escape.

"Ugh, will you just give it up already? You're not getting out of here, so just doing all that walking back and forth. It's annoying," Badgerclops huffed.

"I can't stop. The missing piece needs to be returned to the Ruby Pure Heart or else the entire Pure Heart Valley will be in even more danger. Don't you understand that?" The cat explained, clutching the iron bars surrounding him.

"Yeah, I really don't care..." The badger scoffed, crossing his arms and turning away from the feline.

Mao Mao gave a frustrated groan, banging his fist against the bars. Even though it seemed that he was stuck in the cell for good, the cat still didn't give up hope. He was sure that someway, somehow it would work out in his favor. No matter what, the feline was determined to escape and find the Ruby Pure Heart piece.

With no other option available to him, Mao Mao followed the badger's advice. He gave a sigh and plopped down on the wooden floor, looking around the small room. There was nothing left for him to do at this time. The badger sitting a few feet away from him was grumbling something to himself that Mao Mao couldn't quite make out, so he just ignored the noises, forming a new idea in his head.

After what felt like an eternity, Mao Mao successfully waited out the day until the sun had set and the moon was high in the sky. Once the timing was right, the feline put his new plan into place. He gave a fake yawn and stretched, taking off his cape to turn it into a makeshift pillow. Laying down on the wooden floor, he closed his eyes and slowed his breathing. From that point on, all that was left to do was wait for the badger watching him to either leave or fall asleep himself. It was a waiting game that Mao Mao was more than sure he would win, mostly because he was technically cheating.

Much to his luck, it was not long at all before he could hear Badgerclops rise from the stool he was sitting on. The floorboards creaked under the large mustelid's weight as he walked out of the cell room and up the stairs. Mao Mao made sure to wait a few extra minutes before slowly opening his eyes and looking around the room, seeing that he was all alone once again. He rose to his feet and slipped on his cape, looking around the room for the last time. Reaching his arm through the bars of the cell, just as he did before, Mao Mao slipped his glove off and used a claw to jimmy the lock open.

This time the feline recognized that he didn't have much time to be proud of himself. He stepped out of the cell, and slowly tiptoed through the room, making sure to not even risk the floorboards giving him away. As quietly as he could the cat stepped up the stairs, reaching the main inner hall of the ship. Thinking back to his earlier escape, Mao Mao remembered exactly where he needed to go. Without another moment's hesitation, he darted down the hall as quickly as he could. There were still things he needed to do, getting his katana back and the Ruby piece. But first he had to get out of the ship. After his escape he could then form a plan of what he should do.

He was so deep in thought that he failed to notice what was in front of him. A grunt came from Mao Mao as he ran into something, falling back on the ship floor. He looked up and gulped, seeing that what he ran into was none other than Badgerclops.

"Dude...I was gone for literally 5 minutes..." Badgerclops said, placing his paws on his hips.

Before Mao Mao could do anything, the badger reached forward and picked the cat up his arm. Mao Mao grunted and strained, trying his best to get away. His struggling was cut short by Badgerclops' arm transforming into its cannon state, which he pointed at the feline. Mao Mao quivered as the red aiming dot was marked right between his eyes. "Well, now you're gonna stay put..."

With the cannon jabbed into his back, Mao Mao walked back down the stairs into the cellar. With a final shove, he was put back into the cell by Badgerclops. "When are you gonna realize that you can't beat me?" The badger asked, leaning close to the feline through the iron bars.

Mao Mao said nothing, looking away from the taunting mustelid. His ears twitched as he could hear Badgerclops chuckling behind him. All it did was make him even more frustrated, knowing that he had to come up with another plan. The Pure Heart Valley was in danger, not only by the Sky Pirates but also any other potential threats, and he was the only one who could stop it all. But there was no way he could stop it without getting out of the cell and somehow defeating Badgerclops.

While sitting in the cell Mao Mao couldn't help but imagine what his sisters or even his father would say to him. He was sure that they would have this situation all wrapped up by now, the Sweetypies would be surrounding them, cheering and praising their name. And what about him? Right now he was looking in some cell, his weapon was gone and now the entire valley was in danger. Finding nothing else to do, Mao Mao gave a real yawn, placing his cape underneath him and closing his eyes.