Chapter 5 - A disaster of a date

© 2013 Sandra Corton

Chapter 5 – A disaster of a date

The week had passed incredibly fast. Ash was surprised to find his life slotting into the world of normality just as he wanted it to.

Dinner with Lucy’s family may have been one of the scariest, most intimidating but enjoyable times of his life. But he also found trust there. Someone knew his secret and they were willing to keep it quiet, which he had never had before.

He had also found loyalty in Lucy for him which was also something he wasn’t used to. He had been sold out by every member of his family at least once in his life so they could get better exposure from the media; too of course make them more money at his expense.

Now was the day he had most been looking forward to, his date with Lucy. She told him she didn’t just want to go into town where everyone would see them. Ash listened to her and ordered caterers to make a great dinner at his house. He wasn’t sure how it would be perceived but he didn’t care, he just wanted everything to be perfect.

Meanwhile Lucy was frantically rushing around her house while trying to decide what to wear. Ash hadn’t told her what they were doing or where they were going so she couldn’t decide on an outfit.

“Will you just chill.” Penny tried to say calmly.

“I’ve got nothing to wear Penny! I’m going to end up completely naked. What do I do?” Lucy screeched in panic.

“You have plenty to wear but if you can’t decide, here.” Penny thrust a long emerald green maxi dress at her sister.

“You know I can’t fit into your clothes.” Lucy said quietly.

Most of the time she envied Penny for her skinny frame that could wear anything. And today was one of those days. Lucy though had curves. She had inherited her mother’s pear shaped figure along with her more than generous sized breasts.

“I bought this for you Lucy it’s in your size. Wear it with this, in case it gets cold tonight.” Penny told her as she pulled a pale cream cardigan out and handed it to Lucy

“Wow Penny thanks you think of everything.” Lucy pulled her sister in for a hug.

“Yes I do. Now get dressed so I can do your makeup.” Penny pushed her sister into the bathroom, protesting all the way.

“I’m not wearing makeup! Yes I’ll wear the dress but not makeup.” Lucy insisted.

“Just for once Lucy will you do as you’re told?” Penny huffed at her and Lucy conceded.

Lucy fidgeted and constantly looked at the clock. She was sure the makeup Penny had applied was being sweated off by her nervousness. Ash was due to arrive in little under five minutes and she wasn’t sure if she could stand it.

Finally she could see a car heading her way but when she realised what it was she felt even more on edge. It was a black, fast looking, very expensive sports car. Had Ash hired a car just to take her out?

Ash pulled up and jumped out dressed in worn in jeans and a black buttoned up shirt. It was casual, comfortable and made him look hotter than she’s ever seen him.

She wasn’t sure if she felt overdressed or underdressed but Lucy needed to freak out about something. Then their eyes met from where she was sitting on the porch waiting for him making all her nervousness and panic flee. Instead she was filled with wonderful warmth that calmed and soothed her.

“Hey Lucy, you look really beautiful.” Ash said as he strode up the stairs to meet her.

“Hi Ash. Um ditto.” Was all she said which made him laugh heartily.