Chapter 10 - Red carpet drama

© 2013 Sandra Corton

Chapter 10 – Red carpet drama

Lucy stood at the shadowed end of the red carpet closest to where the theatre was, hidden behind some props. She watched Ash intently. He looked unbelievable in his charcoal suit, showing off his broad shoulders and muscular build. He was smiling broadly but she could tell by the slight tightness around his eyes and the tiny twitch in his upper lip that he was uncomfortable.

The man next to her, constantly on the phone was Ash’s agent George. Ash had made him swear to look after Lucy and the man had begrudgingly agreed. Her eyes moved unwaveringly back to Ash and funnily enough Penny came to mind. Her sister would be freaking out if she knew Lucy was standing here. Unable to stop herself and knowing she would regret it, she crept away from George and edged her way into the crowd.

Screaming girls, fainting girls and obsessive stalker girls seemed to be the only ones in amongst his fans today. Ash forced the smile back on his face and signed some more autographs; not even acknowledging the girls that were staring at him like he was some kind of God.

“Wow they are real screamers.” A wry very familiar voice said to him making him focus his eyes on the red haired girl in front of him. She looked beautiful standing calmly in the crowd of screaming, crazy girls.

“What are you doing here Belle?” He asked softly, sending her a worried but relieved look all at the same time.

With her there he was able to breathe again. He could feel the panic ease that had been threatening to overwhelm him ever since he started this walk. The worst thing was he knew there were reporters sneaking around somewhere and all he could do was hope and pray that Lucy’s Mum wasn’t one of them.

“Well I was thinking about Penny actually and how she would kill me if I didn’t get your autograph…..” Lucy began saying before a screaming fan pushed in front of her. The girl looked like she was having heart palpitations as she stared adoringly at Ash.

“Oh God! Martin James it is you!” The girl exclaimed hysterically which only made Lucy chuckle.

“Yeah no duh, who else would it be.” Lucy told the girl sarcastically and Ash couldn’t help but let out a laugh.

“Yep it’s me, what would you like me to sign?” He asked the girl who gestured to her shirt.

“How about this instead?” Lucy handed the girl a handout for the movie that had been left on the ground.

The girl pouted and sent Ash a saucy smile as she pointed to her shirt again. Ash just grabbed the pamphlet Lucy held out making sure to brush his fingers against hers and sending her a small smile. He quickly signed it and handed it over to his rather disappointed fan that glared at Lucy.

“C’mon Martin, get moving.” A huge man said abruptly from behind him as he sent Lucy a grin. Lucy had met him upon leaving Ash’s apartment building. He seemed beyond intimidating but he had been nothing but friendly to Lucy.

“Yeah I’m going Sam.”  Ash muttered to the bodyguard that kept close to him.