Chapter 13 - Mother's, siblings and BFF's

© 2013 Sandra Corton

Chapter 13 – Mother’s,siblings and BFF’s

Unfortunately the real world reared its ugly head way too soon. Lucy watched as Ash drove away through the crowd of reporters and fans. Then it was her turn to be whisked off to be back on the private jet. They had no alone time with George wanting to discuss things with Ash the whole time. Even the drive home had been plagued by phone calls from her family wanting to know when she would be home

Ash drove along the dusty road to her house feeling constricted and choked that he would have to say goodbye to her. Yes the weekend hadn’t been perfect but things had still turned out okay. Just thinking about their kisses and waking up beside her was enough to get his heart racing.

When he noticed Penny racing out to them he realised there was no chance of even a private goodbye. He pulled up the car near the front of the house as Penny ran up to them squealing.

“You met Martin James!” She accused pointing her finger fiercely at her sister with the newspaper flapping in her other hand. Lucy let out a sigh and fished through her handbag for the crumpled piece of paper that Ash had scrawled on.

“Only to get his autograph for you.” Lucy told her

“He touched you! What was that all about?” Penny demanded. Lucy sent Ash a look as if to say ‘I told you so’.

“If I told you it was by accident would you even believe me?”

Lucy got out of the car and handed her sister the piece of paper. Penny squealed with absolute delight as she squeezed Lucy into a tight hug. She held the piece of paper aloft like a winning lottery ticket.

“That still doesn’t explain that smile he gave you or the way he touched your hand.” Penny said with persistence.

“I’m pretty sure he smiled at all the girls like that.” Lucy assured her and Ash let out a snort as he got out of the car and greeted Penny.

“Why was he even there? I couldn’t believe it when I saw the picture and the fact that you saw him. You and not me!” Penny screeched her voice becoming increasingly shrill.

“Penny will you calm down! Look I got this for you as well. Apparently he wrote some songs for the soundtrack.” Lucy handed her the CD that Ash had given her earlier. Penny let out another squeal as she quickly scanned the index.

“You’re the best sister ever!” Penny gave her another tight hug before running into the house.

“Those had better be good songs.” Lucy told Ash as she turned to him.

“Why?” He asked with a frown.

“Because I will be stuck listening to them until you release something else of course.” She told him as she walked around the car to him.

“They are good songs. Actually tell me which one is your favourite alright.” He said as he wrapped his arms around her and gave her a hug.

“So you two are okay?” A concerned voice asked from behind them. They both turned to see Daz and Lucy nodded as she took a step back from Ash.

“Do you think she has any idea who you are?” Daz asked Ash seriously and he knew they were talking about Crystal.

“No I really don’t think so.” Ash told him.

“Good because if she does it won’t be a secret for long at all. I haven’t mentioned this incident to anyone else.” He told them before walking off towards his house.