six

Maple had sent Clark home first, watching as he walked down the street to his car

Maple had sent Clark home first, watching as he walked down the street to his car. He had laughed at her for being such a mother, but she shooed him away with a rag. As promised, Venom picked her up from work at around thirty minutes past nine. She had just finished wiping down the tables. She took off her apron and left it in the kitchen before locking up.

Now outside in the cool air, she let Venom pick her up, cradled in one arm. Then, he swung off in the direction of their apartment building. It did scare her that she could die at any moment in the air, but she trusted Venom and Eddie.

He landed on the fire escape by her apartment window. She slid the window open and climbed in. Venom followed after her, closing the window behind him. The symbiote slithered away, letting Eddie come back. He stretched, groaning as he landed on her couch face-down.

Maple raised an eyebrow. "Tired?"

His "uh-huh" came out muffled.

"Dinner?"

Eddie momentarily lifted his face up. "We ate." Then, he planted his face back down.

Maple walked to her bedroom, stripping and grabbing a towel. She wrapped it around herself before walking to her bathroom. She turned on the shower and rinsed away all the flour that had gotten on her. Once she was finished, she got dressed and walked back into her living room to see Eddie in the same position.

"Is Eddie asleep?"

Venom wrapped himself around Eddie before standing up and curling his tendrils around her waist. "Yes."

"Venom, I can't move," Maple informed.

"We want to cuddle," he said.

Maple sighed. The first time Venom had shown an interest in cuddling had thoroughly surprised her, but she didn't mind.

"Okay, we can go to my bedroom," Maple told him.

He grinned. "We weren't asking."

She rolled her eyes as he carried her into her bedroom before setting her down and laying beside her. His head was on her chest, tongue sprawling out across her chest and stomach. Tendrils wrapped around her legs as her hands rested on his head and arm.

He began to purr like a cat. Truthfully, it slightly turned Maple on, but she would not admit that ever. It was the fact that he was a huge alien who could easily tear her in half, but instead, he found solace in her and liked hugging her body close to his.

Maple moved the hand that was resting on his arm onto a spot between his shoulder blades. Venom tensed for a moment before relaxing and purring louder. She could feel the rumble across her body and she was sure she would soon fall asleep - which she gladly did.