eight

Maple was only slightly late in getting to the bakery

Maple was only slightly late in getting to the bakery. She was glad Clark had a key to the bakery because she disliked having people waiting for her. Once Maple entered the bakery - Eddie having gone to get his coffee at a different place closer to the clinic -

Clark wiggled his eyebrows at her. "So that wasn't Venom," he chimed.

Maple grinned. If only he knew. "His name is Eddie."

"So I think I now your taste now. Big, strong men."

She laughed. "Okay, maybe you're right about that. "

"Over Venom now?" Clark asked, whisking the batter for snickerdoodle cookies.

"Far from it," she replied.

"What, so you're hoping for a threesome with San Francisco's demon and Eddie?"

Maple shrugged, putting on an apron. "That would be nice."

"You need to get your horny ass laid."

"Yeah, yeah, I know. I wish."

Clark scoffed. "You wish? Look at you. Any guy would bang you for a buck."

"Well, I wish I was worth more than that," muttered Maple.

Clark rolled his eyes. "You know what I mean." He put down the bowl and wiped his hands on his apron. "Here. I know a guy. He's big and strong. College friend."

He grabbed a piece of paper and pen, writing down the college friend's number. Maple took it from him and put it in her pocket.

"I'll see. Depends on how horny I am later tonight."

Clark laughed. "Text me about how that goes. "

"Will do, Now, we should get some pastries ready in time for opening. "

"You got it, ma'am."

The two baked for hours before opening the shop. There were some pastries ready, but some still in the oven. They served their customers as best as possible, seeing as it was a busy day, being a Saturday. Maple left the shop at six, letting Clark close up at nine. She was glad she decided the shop wasn't open on Sundays because she wanted to sleep without an alarm waking her up. Maple walked back to her apartment. It was only two blocks away, but it didn't stop her from being wary. San Francisco was a big place, after all. She arrived back at her apartment, noticing Eddie wasn't there. She took out the college friend's number out of her uniform pocket and placed it on the kitchen island, then took a shower. Once she was finished, she walked her kitchen, preparing to bake brownies for Venom.

Halfway through the baking process, Eddie walked through Maple's door with groceries in his arms.

"You're home early," he said.

She hummed. "I baked brownies."

Venom's head popped up from Eddie's shoulder. "Brownies?"

"Yes, V."

"But you get them after dinner," said Eddie. He placed the groceries on the table, noticing the sheet of paper on the kitchen island. He picked it up and looked at it. "Whose number is this?"

Maple looked over her shoulder from washing the mixing bowl and whisk. "Oh - Clark gave me his college friend's number. I think he said 'he would gladly fuck you' or something along those lines."

"Fuck you?"

She hummed, focusing back on washing the bowl. "Yeah, I've been horny lately."

Maple was not a shy girl.

We should help her.

Eddie hummed. "Maybe."

"Are you talking to V?" Maple asked, placing the bowl onto a stand and drying her hands.

"Yeah," replied Eddie as he walked over to her, placing his hands on her hips. "V and I could always help you with that."

Maple turned her head around, only to be met with Eddie's lips. She kissed him back, reaching her hand back to cradle his neck. He turned her around and lifted her onto the kitchen island, playing with the hem on her shirt before lifting it over her head.

"Is this okay?" he asked.

She nodded. "Very okay."