twelve

Despite having an alien inside of him, Eddie was still human

Despite having an alien inside of him, Eddie was still human. He still got tired, especially with his daily life. He would work as a journalist during the day time, catching leads or writing at a desk, while Venom had the night to himself to catch bad guys and most likely eat them. Eddie would force himself to stay awake during those times because he didn't want Venom to get into any trouble.

It was no surprise to Maple when Eddie landed face-down on her couch again in the middle of the night.

"You know you have your own apartment, right?" she questioned.

He groaned.

"What if... What if Venom takes me as his host when you're really tired. I can - We can go out tonight and you can rest."

Eddie's head shot up. "No, don't even think about it, you don't even know if you're compatible. He could kill you."

"Little by little. A trial," she pleaded. "Look at you, Eddie. You're exhausted."

"No, I - Not you too, V," he muttered.

Maple walked over to Eddie and stuck her finger out, barely touching his shoulder. "Please? Just a little. You've helped me so many times already."

A tendril slithered our and hovered around her finger. Eddie narrowed his eyes and looked between the tendril and Maple's face.

"If you feel any discomfort or you're hurt, stop," he commanded.

Maple nodded, watching ad the tendril wrapped itself around her and disappeared inside her.

"I feel fine," she responded.

More tendrils slipped out before Maple was sure all of Venom was out of Eddie. It slithered inside of her and she didn't feel pain at all.

We are compatible, Venom purred.

"Oh - you're much louder than I thought you'd be," Maple commented.

Eddie snorted before burying his face into her couch again. "You can say that again. Thank you."

She hummed. "No problem."