• Night Five • Quirk •

A knock at her door made her bolt right up, the nightmare that she had barely wearing off. Breathing heavily, she placed her hands over her face, trying to calm herself down. Another knock sounded from the door and she stopped what she was doing to listen to the voice behind it.

"Hey, I know your awake," Bakugou grumbled from the other side of the wooden barricade. "I'm coming in."

Before she could utter a word, the door was open and the blond entered the dark room. He spotted her curled up figured as she pressed her back against the wall, hands covering her ears. Eyes squeezed shut, she let out a small whimper, barely audible, but he still heard it.

"What the fuck happened?" He questioned, striding towards her.

She failed to notice him before he ripped her hands away from her ears. Letting out a cry of suprise, her eyes snapped open, locking with his. He moved away as he saw her wide eyes and chose to stay silent, waiting for her to calm down herself.

"You fucking done?"

A simple nod was all he got in response, the tears streaming down her cheeks didn't convince him. He tilted her head up to meet her gaze and froze when he saw the terrified glance she gave him. Letting go, he watched as she laid her head on her knees, her shallow breaths filling the mostly silent room.

"Alright, talk," He ordered and waited for her to speak, but she didn't seem to want to voice her troubles. "Just get it over and done with. I just want to fucking sleep."

"This isn't about you," She uttered, her voice barely above a whisper and it didn't help that it was wavering. "If you want sleep, go somewhere else. I'm not helping you anymore."

"You bitch-!"

"Right back at you . . . Fuck off, will you? I need to clear my head." She glared at him throught her hands, eyes beginning to burn from the tears.

He growled at her, but once he noticed that she wouldn't falter, his gaze somewhat softened. Her glare didn't though and when he moved forward, she lowered her arms, preparing for a small attack from him. Noticing this, he paused and let out a short sigh.

"I'm not going to hurt you, idiot." The blond sat back on her bed, watching as she uncurled herself. "Whats going on with you?"

She shook her head, sending him a glare once more. "Nothing that concerns you. Just nightmares. Thats all."

"That's bullshit. You were fucking crying when I opened the door!" His voice gradually got louder and she moved to cover his mouth with her hand, but he caught her wrist before she made contact with him.

"Bakugou," She called, voice quiet as she locked eyes with him, gently tugging her hand out of his grip. "Listen, it is nightmares. Really bad ones. You don't need to worry, I'm just having a hard time controlling them."

"Whats that supposed to mean? How do you control nightmares?" His eyes narrowed as he spoke, racking his brain for an answer to her questions, but he came up empty.

"My quirk, remember?" He nodded, but still didn't fully understand which made her release an exasperated sigh. "A constant side affect from my quirk is nightmares that alter my memories. It gets worse from time to time, causing it to change the memory completely. I still remember them the same way as when they happened, but it changes the way I view my memories. They become mermories of my nightmares, not just those of my childhood or-or my family."

Bakugou stared at her as her eyes glistened with tears for the second time that night, comfirming that this was indeed the truth. He gulped, taking in her words. Silence invaded the space between them as tears streamed down her cheeks again. Moments passed before he caught sight of her lifting her head ever so slightly. Her eyes locked with his and she broke the gaze almost immediately.

"Can I hug you?" She questioned, coming out as more of a whimper and he almost caved right then and there. "Please, can I hug you?"

"Whatever, but don't expect me to hug back." He averted his gaze from her broken form.

A second passed and when he moved to look at her again, her arms went around his neck, forehead resting against his shoulder. "Its okay. You don't have to."

He let out an inaudible sigh, gently resting a hand on the back of her head while the other was used to support his body weight. Her grip tightened and he let her hug him to her hearts content - She seemed to need the hug more than she would probably let on.