27. 'pucker up'

Tom had reached Atlanta International at 8:30 as planned, and found himself sat with his suitcases his feet in the middle of an empty baggage claim, waiting for Cash's arrival.

He'd tried to pry his eyes away from his phone all day, as every app he opened and every article he saw showed the girl he was falling in love with and her ex-boyfriend. Tom couldn't help himself, and had listened to a few of the songs from the album that critics had said hit Cash hardest on the plane to Atlanta. He couldn't help but feel the anger bubbling in the pit of his stomach when 'truthfully' played through his headphones, knowing that hearing those words had probably crushed her.

This week is about building her up, he thought. Although he was filming for 4 out of the 7 days she was here with him, he had everything all planned out in his head. This week is about Cash, he thought.

After tapping his shoes against the tile floor for what felt like forever, and going over his plans for the next week, the arrival of Cash's flight was announced over the airport intercom. Tom immediately shot up, picking up his suitcase and looking at the terminal exit for his girl to arrive.

Tom was well aware that it'd only been 3 weeks of getting to know the girl, but he couldn't help the feelings that were developing. It was like they just took over him, like what he thought the timescale of a relationship should be was miles behind what his heart wanted.

And as he stood there in Atlanta International baggage claim, his suitcase in one hand and his other shaking slightly in anticipation, he knew what he wanted. All Tom Holland wanted in that moment was Cash Downey to be his.

He didn't want her to be plagued by Shane's words, he wanted her to hear all the words he had to say about how undeniably perfect she was. He didn't want her to feel like she had to hide from her critics, he wanted to protect her and be her biggest cheerleader through it all. He didn't want her to be alone, he wanted to be at her side.

Tom felt a tap on his shoulder, confused as he'd assumed he was facing the arrivals terminal. He took a deep breath, turning around to the sight he'd been waiting to see - Cash Downey, stood right in front of him with her lips puckered.

"Cash, I thought-"

Cash said nothing, only hummed and pointed to her puckered lips.

"Oh is this how it's gonna be? I knew you only wanted me for my body."

Cash looked as if she'd forgotten her own plan, almost going to laugh before puckering her lips tight and tilting her head back.

Tom laughed, and took a moment to take her in. She had no makeup on, and it was obvious that she'd been crying, but she still looked like his Cash. Leaning in and placing his hand under her jaw, Tom let their lips meet - and my god he'd missed it.

They stood there for a moment, almost lost in each other, before Cash leaned back and placed her hands on either side of his neck.

"You know," she started, "it's almost like you missed me."

Tom laughed, and placed his hands on her hips, dropping his suitcase to the side of him.

"Can you blame me?"

This time is was Cash's turn to laugh, despite the tears she'd shed on the plane to Atlanta. Getting into JFK was a nightmare, with paparazzi left right and centre asking her what she thought to Shane's stunt. She hadn't given comment the entire way through the airport, only smiling when the lady at security had told her to 'hold her head up high and forget that loser'.

She'd almost fretted when she approached the runway about making a statement, but instead handed her phone to a member of airport staff to capture the moment. 'Perfect,' she'd commented handing the phone back to Cash, squeezing her hand in solidarity, 'it'll get better, it always does.'