Chapter Thirteen: Feelings Part One

[Nick] Chapter Thirteen

She smiles down at the burger. I stare at her every move. Dean is quickly digging into his own. Light rain starts appearing quickly within the windows as we all sit at "Flight's" diner. However, bringing Kora for the very first time.

"Are you going to eat it?," I ask her as she's still holding her burger but hesitant to eat it.

She smiles at me wide.

I feel myself taking in her smile.

"Of course I am."

"But what..why are you taking so long to eat it?," I say once more.

Dean pays no attention to us.

She smiles even wider then before with her teeth showing.

"Because you guys actually took me to "Flight's" I mean..you said the burgers weren't good. But you guys cherish them. Now I want to cherish them," she says with a very peticular tone.

And then after she takes a bite.

"Oh they aren't that good," she frowns.

Dean laughs and nods. I nod as well.

But then her frown turns into a smile and she puts her hands together.

"But I cherish it anyways," she says as her hair falls infront of her face.

She pushes it behind her ears and I catch Dean completely starstruck at the sight of Kora. 

I sigh, and Dean shakes back into reality.

"So how is your tutoring coming along?," Dean asks both of us.

Me and Kora look at each other and I decide I'll be the first one to talk.

"Well, Kora raised my grade to a B+, and the rest well A's as usual," I shrug.

"Yeah, because you're getting the concept down now. Anyways, math has gone up a letter grade so it's not bad anymore," she says.

Dean fixes his glasses like usual and gives us a thumbs up, but then eventuallly his mouth opens again and he ask Kora what's going to be on NJ Teen TV tomorrow.

Kora gives us a funny face then pouts in a way.

"Actually I don't know, but apparently some news with Wave. I think we're doing some type of quiz thingy too on each other. I don't really talk to the boys unless it's about the show or work," she explains.

I shift my views and a part of the old me comes back and ask something that I shouldn't have.

"Why are you hanging out with us then?," I shout out.

"NICK-," Dean starts but I interrupt him.

"Honestly Kora, I don't understand," I add.

And now thinking about it, I really don't. She's a celebrity and she's hanging out with two ordinary guys, doesn't she have something better to do.

I look outside to avoid her gaze although in the corner of my eye I see she's glaring right at me.

I think she's about to cry again and I tell her not to because it's annoying.

But she doesn't cry, she gets up immediately, slamming her hands down on the table.

Making my head turn her way, eye to eye.

"I chose to hang out with you. I chose to hang out with Dean. The people I hang out with doesn't define me. I enjoy being around you both. I enjoy helping you. It's my choice. No one can chose for me," she shouts loud, making the all the people in the diner turn to look at her.