Chapter 3

It was nearing the end of the day. A vibrant sunset colored the clouds with passionate shades of pink and tangerine as a few birds chirped and the sound of a cake stuffed Hani resounded.

The hosts had gathered around the changing rooms, Haruhi asking if she could come out, Kuroh sticking out a pad of paper from behind his curtain that wrote, 'Should I come out too?'

"Haruhi, you come out first," Tamaki stated before her curtain was swiftly slid open, revealing a light, flowery scene. Haruhi's doe brown eyes had a hidden sparkle as she asked if she really could keep the uniform. Tamaki shed some exaggerated tears, going on about how Haruhi was nearly as cute as a girl.

How close Tamaki was with that statement got a small scoff from Kyoya (going unnoticed) and a confused thought in Kuroh's head. Had Tamaki not known Haruhi was a girl? Kuroh only wondered before he was called to come out.

Once the curtain slid open, the white haired boy tucked a few strands of his long hair behind his right ear, bringing the rest of his blue tipped hair to the left side of his neck. He kept his head slightly glanced down as he shyly looked up at the hosts and Haruhi. His left hand held the pad of paper as his right was lightly tugging on the bottom of the uniform, an air of shy bashfulness surrounding him as the hosts stared in awe.

He had kept his glasses on seeing as previously, he frantically scribbled down to the twins that he felt more comfortable with them on. It was a good thing they had. With his bangs cut, the glasses only made him appear softer, his silver-eyed gaze making the hosts (Haruhi included) coo at the light skinned boy.

A light blush appeared on the hosts' cheeks, making a few in particular question themselves whilst Haruhi went up to Kuroh, commenting on how nice he looked in the uniform, only for him to give a small smile and give a written 'thank you' on his note pad.

Fast forward to the next day, Haruhi and Kuroh were determined to clear the quota. After the discovery of the two attractive characters, Tamaki declared that if the two each got 100 requests, he would clear Haruhi of the debt left by the broken vase.

Haruhi, put simply, was a natural (later on being deemed the 'Natural Type). She was unsure at first on how to entertain the couple females that had requested her, Tamaki and the twins observing from afar. After telling the story of her mother and giving a casual compliment to the quests, Haruhi had the customers swooning in no time, already being asked if she could be requested again to which she gladly agreed.

There was no problem there. Again, Haruhi was a natural. Tamaki and the twins sighed as they then looked over to see how Kuroh was doing. Now Kuroh was a different story. Getting a few girls interested in Haruhi was somewhat easy since customers had already heard and seen Haruhi. Although seeing Kuroh, not many customers knew why he was so quiet or had any interest in his quiet character.

Two girls sat in front of Kuroh, both a tad nervous before one spoke up. "So Kuroh, why did you join the host club?" She asked with genuine curiosity. No one would expect someone as seemingly quiet at Kuroh to join and entertain girls.

Kuroh scribbled on his notepad, writing out in elegant penmanship, 'I'm helping Haruhi pay back a debt. Although, I hope I'm doing a decent job. I wouldn't want to waste the time of you girls' he finished with a small smile as he showed them the notepad, the two giving a small blush before the other spoke up.

"Why do you write in your notepad rather than talk Kuroh? I would only imagine it's more tedious for you," she asked, a bit surprised when his eyes widen a bit before he sighs and proceeds to write out his answer.

'Put in simple words, I'm mute. I wasn't born mute but it developed at some point in my life. I'd rather not speak of something so negative though. If anything, why don't you ladies tell me a little about yourselves? I would love to get to know you two better," he wrote, slightly tilting his head and giving a gentle smile as the girls squealed at the cute, silent host.

The mute statement had the girls somewhat questioning at first but was quickly overrun by his gentle way of speaking (or writing rather). However, Tamaki and the twins all looked at each other in confusion which turned into understanding.

"How come the two of you didn't know that before? You're in the same class as him!" Tamaki asked the twins, a bit distressed that he hadn't known something so major about the new host.

"To be honest, we hadn't paid much attention to the introduction. It must have gone by us," the two replied, both now curious about how Kuroh had exactly become mute.

Scratch the both. All the hosts were curious. Kyoya knew the boy was mute, but not of the conditions under which he became mute. Now that the rest of the hosts knew, it would be an understatement to say they were simply curious. Kuroh wasn't born mute, meaning some psychological event happened that was so severe that he became unable to speak.

Not wanting to bring up the sensitive topic, Tamaki then changed the subject with a small clearing of his throat. Aside from the curiosity, Kuroh had done a great job charming his guests, despite the slight 'language' barrier.

Something different was on the twins' minds though. Assuming the white haired boy knew sign language, there were three hosts the twins knew of that could communicate quickly with the boy: the twins and Kyoya. The twins had learned at a young age as did Kyoya, who learned to communicate with a deaf cousin. That matter would have to come up at a later time.

A sharp voice cut Tamaki's thinking off. "Have you forgotten about me?" Coming from the voice of the auburn haired customer of Tamaki's. He quickly turned and apologized, explaining that he was only concerned for the new hosts.

Tamaki then snapped his fingers, calling for Haruhi and Kuroh to come over. He introduced the girl as 'Princess Ayanokoji' (while Kuroh silently disagreed with the Princess part after what he'd heard from her previously). Haruhi also recognized the girl, but chose to ignore her.

Haruhi looked over at Kuroh before looking back at the auburn haired girl. Both Kuroh and Haruhi tilted their heads as Haruhi said "It's a pleasure to meet you," while Kuroh wrote and showed 'It's wonderful meeting you.'

Tamaki's face grew serious as he grabbed the two newer hosts, swinging the two around as he fanboyed over how charming his boys were. Haruhi struggled and let out a disgruntled cry for help towards Mori, who picked Haruhi up in a flash, his expression changing to that of surprise before switching back to normal.

Kuroh had been left though, still being swung around by the eccentric blonde as the white haired boy struggled to write legibly on his notepad. He glanced up at Mori once Haruhi was set down, his silver eyes silently pleading for help. Mori couldn't pretend as though he hadn't seen it.

Mori picked Kuroh up out of Tamaki's grasp, surprised not only at how light the boy was but also at how built he felt even over his clothing. It wasn't a thickness of muscles but rather the firm feeling of a lean body. Mori didn't realize how long he had been holding Kuroh up, slightly groping the smaller boy's arms until Kuroh wriggled in Mori's grasp, a small smile showing up as he silently laughed at the ticklish feeling.

Mori's eyes widened as he quickly set the boy down, slightly bowing his head in apology only to receive a small smile and a written 'Thank you' from the white haired boy.

Tamaki was soon back in the picture, a small pout evident on his face as he looked at Mori then back at the two new hosts, begging for a hug from the adorable pair. Tamaki's customer was left again as she stared at Tamaki and the hosts.

Her gaze narrowed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Judging by how frequently I've been updating this, I can confidently say I like this fanfic much more than my Assassination Classroom fanfic. Big rip. Also, I swear the first episode will be over in the next chapter. I didn't really intend for it to get this lengthy but personally, I prefer it this way. Comments, votes and feedback are greatly appreciated. Hope you all enjoyed and stay safe! <3