Chapter 10

Kuroh did not like this girl. Not one bit. As much as he hated disliking people, she was so quick to judge that it just rubbed him the wrong way. She was about ten times as obnoxious as Tamaki fawning over Haruhi and felt the need to scream everything she said. Not to mention, she claimed Kyoya as her's because he looked like an otome game character she liked. Who the hell mixes games with real life to the extent of claiming to be someone's fiancée? Kuroh simply could not fathom what went through her mind.

The next day was troublesome in more ways than one. As all the hosts sat around a table, Renge came bursting into the room, announcing that she had baked cookies. She immediately went up to Kyoya, seeking his attention in her otaku imagination.

Hani, being the sweets loving person he was, tried one of the cookies. It once again became noisy as Renge began chasing the poor boy, all because he expressed his thoughts about the treat. Considering how many sweets he ate in a day, it would be an understatement to say he wasn't a connoisseur.

Debating to throw her out the window rather than himself, Kuroh rubbed his temples before picking up a cup of his tea. Bergamot Earl Grey has mood calming factors so he had become reliant on that to relax his mind during these... loud times.

His thoughts were cut short as the twins came up to him, a cookie in Hikaru's hand as they approached Kuroh. Kuroh's eyes widened as a cookie was gently set between his lips, gaze moving up towards Hikaru as a frown began forming on Kuroh's face.

He quickly signed, 'I don't want this burnt cancer cookie,' earning a chuckle from Kyoya and a short 'pfT' from the twins.

"Don't be mean. At least give it a try? Here, I'll try too" Hikaru said as he brought his face close to Kuroh's, grabbing the cookie with his mouth and tilting their heads so the cookie broke in two. Kuroh quickly backed up and away from Hikaru in slight surprise, only for his back to bump into Kaoru's chest.

"Now now, calm down Kuroh. I didn't know you were such a messy eater," Kaoru said as he licked some crumbs from Kuroh's cheek. Kuroh's eyes widened as he pushed himself away from the twins, a small glare on his face as he signed at them.

'I can clean up after myself. Thank you for your concern.'

The twins nearly burst out in laughter at how cute the boy was, trying to seem polite yet sarcastic at the same time. Judging by how much more honest and open he had been, both the hosts and Kuroh noticed how much more comfortable he was getting around the hosts.

Kuroh went off in thought as he was a bit taken back by how blunt he had been lately. He felt a bit bad, however, he hadn't felt so comfortable with a group of people since middle school. The tall walls he had built to keep anyone and everyone out had been broken down little by little to the point he himself was peeking over them.

Kuroh was quickly taken out of his thoughts by a high pitched voice nearly screaming once again, calling the host club's 'characters' lukewarm. Upon finally putting his attention to the main conversation, Renge began giving everyone in the club new 'roles', excluding her 'perfect Kyoya'.

After giving the other hosts roles she felt suited them, she turned to Kuroh with a slight scowl. "I haven't heard you say much of anything but I think I've got an idea.... You have trauma from middle school and have severe trust issues! The Isolated Loner!" She yelled dramatically, as though she had discovered a new species.

Kuroh's eyes widened a bit before quickly going back to normal. It was a bit frightening how she managed to incorrectly over dramatize every other host's persona then nearly hit the bullseye with Kuroh; although, he would never admit. He quickly shook himself out of his thoughts, preparing for the worst to come.