Chapter 8

The weather was quite nice as the host club activities were taking place. Tamaki, Kyoya, the twins and Kuroh were wearing server attire whilst Haruhi, Mori and Hani wore yukata-like outfits. Although there was a small scuffle between the twins trying to force Kuroh into a maid dress matching the server suits, everything was going as planned.

Despite the seemingly calm and normal day, Kuroh's head was clouded with thoughts. Two main 'issues' stood out, the first being the twins. What was so confusing about the twins that had Kuroh absent minded yet slightly annoyed at himself of all things? Simply put, Kuroh didn't know how to feel about he twins. Yes, he had only known them for a few days. However, he had known all the hosts for a few days and had brief, personal summaries of each one.

Tamaki was the overbearing leader that seemed obnoxious but always had good intentions and a soft heart.

Kyoya was the one who always seemed to have dirt on you but truly meant well and means well with his each and every action.

Mori, although silent mostly, was a gentle giant. No more words needed there.

Hani was the cute, child-like member that probably had a serious side that Kuroh simply had yet to see.

The twins... Yes, they were mischievous. Yes, they seemed to tease Kuroh more than he liked. Yet strangely, he found himself wanting to know more about them. Surely there was more to the 'homosexual supporting cast featuring forbidden brotherly love' outside of teasing the honor students. Kuroh went back and forth in his head, only confusing himself more until he lightly hit himself on the cheeks to snap out of his own confusion. He would leave that for another day.

The next main concern approached: The Physical Exam.

Unlike Haruhi, Kuroh really had nothing to worry about. He was not a girl. Frankly, he shouldn't have been worrying about it. The issue was his own thinking. He disliked his body, both looking at it and measuring it. Put into a bigger picture, he most definitely did not want other people to see his body and know any measurements.

Alas, much to Kuroh's disappointment, the next day came as the hosts were prepared to keep Haruhi's gender a secret. Entering the large room, the student were greeted with lines of nurses and doctors that would assist throughout the day. Scales were scattered throughout the room as changing curtains were also set up.

Seeing as Kyoya's family was providing the staff for checkups, Kuroh went up to Kyoya for a request. While the hosts were still discussing their plan last minute, they were interrupted when Kuroh came up to Kyoya and tugged on the taller's sleeve. Removing his eyes from his notebook, Kyoya glanced down and tilted his head at the shorter boy who stared back for a moment. A single word went through each host's head.

Cute.

Not noticing the endearing stares he got from the other hosts, Kuroh went on to sign up to Kyoya.

'I know it's last minute but is it possible to perhaps have a separate room for my checkup? I'm not very comfortable with doing mine in this type of setting.'

He finished signing with a bashful look, feeling bad for any inconvenience he might cause the raven haired boy. Kyoya thought for a moment before signing back, not wanting to let the other (some nosy) hosts in on the conversation.

'That shouldn't be a problem. Haruhi will be having a separate room later so I can set you up in the room next to her's.'

Kuroh simply nodded and signed a quick 'Thank you' as he gave a small smile to Kyoya. Kyoya gave his casual smile back before going back to his notebook, ignoring the questioning stares he got from a couple of the hosts.