Chapter 2: The Apprentice

After finally losing the livid teen, who had been chasing them for a good 10 minutes straight, Jungkook and Taehyung stop to catch their breath in the upstairs bathroom.

"Why..." Jungkook attempts to speak through his wheezing. "Why did you do...that??"

"You really think...*gasp* I was gonna let his little comment slide?" Taehyung says, he too, gasping for breath.

"I would have at least appreciated it....if you would have warned me first.." Jungkook says, grabbing his chest - his heart feeling like it could pop out of his chest at any moment.

"Ahh....quit complaining." Taehyung says, waving his hand. "I know for a fact this isn't your first time running away from someone."

"Maybe not...but usually I'm ready for it.." Jungkook hunches over, his hands on his hips.

"There's probably gonna be a lot more running where that came from, newbie. So, get used to it." Taehyung says, smirking as he wipes his sweaty brow.

"I'd rather not be dragged into your petty arguments, thank you.."

"Oh come on...you have to admit...it was rather exhilarating." Taehyung says, giving Jungkook a nudge with his elbow. "Isn't it ironic how you feel most alive when you're just mere inches away from death?"

Jungkook shoots a look over at Taehyung and shakes his head. "You have some problems, dude.."

"But am I not right?"

"...I guess you have a point, but-"

"Exactly, so stop complaining. It's good to get your heart pumping every now and then. Now, lemme show you to the cafeteria."

"Are you crazy?? I'm not going back out there. Nuh uh!"

"What, is little Skitty scared?"

"No, I just don't want to land in the principal's office on my second day here. And maybe I'm just crazy, but having my face turned into squash doesn't seem all that desirable."

"Relax, you're not going to. Casey has probably already been caught by a prefect."

"How do you know?"

"Because I know how everyone works in this school." Taehyung says as he starts pacing around the bathroom, talking with his hands. "More than likely, he got caught running in the hall, and then when the prefect went to grab him, he body slammed 'em into the ground. Then he got caught, and is now getting dragged into the principal's office as we speak." He stops pacing. "That's usually how it works. Now come on, Skitty, let's go see the local wildlife." He says, heading out of the boy's bathroom, to which Jungkook reluctantly follows behind.

As the two make their way towards the cafeteria, Jungkook is cautious - keeping a close eye on his surroundings at all times. Luckily, Taehyung was seemingly right - Casey was nowhere to be found. But even though he was nowhere in sight, Jungkook wasn't about to drop his guard.

. . .

"Here we are. Feeding time at the zoo.." Taehyung says as he looks around at all of the students, snickering.

As the two awkwardly stand in the corner of the lunchroom, Jungkook looks down at his stomach after it let's out a growl, just remembering he hadn't eaten since yesterday. Plus, all the running had sapped every ounce of energy he had left. "So...are we just going to stand here staring at everyone like weirdos, or are we going to grab a tray and eat?"

"Eat...here? No, no, no, my friend. Whoever willingly eats Edna's food seriously has a death wish. No, we'll be getting our food elsewhere."