Chapter 8: Heeding the Warnings

Jungkook sits in the grass, half-listening to Taehyung and the new arrival seemingly bicker back and fourth. Most of what they're saying just goes in one ear and out the other, as Jungkook has no clue what they're talking about. All he can tell is that there is some obvious bitterness between the two of them by the way they scowl at each other, but honestly, he couldn't be bothered to try and figure out why. Instead, he sits there keeping to himself, staring out at the two ducks who are now peacefully paddling through the pond's waters.

"Can't you see I'm busy, Derby?" Taehyung says. "Or is your gigantic nose getting in the way of your sight?"

Ignoring Taehyung's attempt at getting a rise out of him, Derby redirects his attention down onto Jungkook who has his back turned on them, holding his knees closely to him. "I don't think sitting on your bum eating junk food qualifies as being busy." Derby says.

"It does in my book." Taehyung says, taking a sip on his smoothie.

"Well, instead of all this meaningless chatter, and if you're not gonna pay me my money..." Derby mumbles bitterly before he continues, "the least you can do is introduce me to your friend." He crosses his arms.

"I believe that is the new student." A boy says, standing a couple feet behind Derby, rubbing the top of his bandaged up hand.

"Yes, Chad, that's right. I believe his name is Jeon Jungkook." A third, black-haired male says who is standing next to Chad with his hands clasped neatly behind his back. Unlike the other two boys who use a faux British accent, he speaks with his normal American accent.

"Jeon Jungkook, you said Parker? Oh...so this is who Gord and Justin were talking about." Derby says, and Jungkook - his interest now peeked - glances over. "Derby. Pleasure to meet you." He says with a slightly questionable tone.

Jungkook glances over at Derby, then over to the two boys behind him. "Nice to meet you." He says then reaches his hand out to take Derby's outstretched hand, but Taehyung Karate chops them down before they were able to shake.

"Be careful, Jungkook. You don't want to touch him or else you're going to contract the stuck-up-prick virus." Taehyung says and Derby rolls his eyes.

"I would have thought you would have grown up since the last time I spoke to you, Taehyung." Derby says, putting his hands on his hips.

"Indeed. How crude." Chad says.

"It's quite shameful." Parker adds.

"And I would have thought you would have realized how much of an idiot you sound like. Really, that accent isn't doing anything for you. I'd honestly rather listen to a pig squeal then have to listen to you." Taehyung replies.

Derby's jaw visibly tightens as he grits his teeth together, and he angrily runs his hand through his silky blonde hair. "Hmph. Your insults are meaningless to me. When are you finally going to admit that you're just jealous of me?"

"I'd rather be homeless on the street than be a shallow millionaire like you." Taehyung says. "That old bum, Rudy, has more character than you ever will."

"You know what, Taehyung?" Derby says. His voice is getting shakier with anger. "I've been patient with you, but now...my patience has ran out." He says, pointing his index finger at him. "You have until the end of the week to give me my money. If you don't, well...I think you already know what's in store for you."

"Ooo...I'm sooo scared!" Taehyung says sarcastically, fake biting his nails.

"You better be." Chad says. "Derby means business."

"Tsk, tsk. Getting on Derby's bad side is one mistake you don't want to ever make." Parker says, shaking his head back and fourth.

"I'm shaking in my boots. Really. I'm terrified." Taehyung says with the straightest face he can manage. "Are you gonna send your daddy after me?"